Mark on the tip after rhinoplasty. What caused this mark? (Photo)

2 weeks ago I had a nasal tip refinement (the tip was narrowed, shortened and raised). My nose is swollen, but this doesn't worry me, because I know this is normal. What does worry me is a mark that appeared on the right side of the tip. It looks like a depressed scar. I'm sure I didn't have it before the surgery. At first I thought it was a mark left by the pressure of the plaster, but that was removed several days ago. What caused this mark? Will it go away?

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Contact your surgeon to get evaluated

It looks like an old scar...the best thing to do is wait at least 4 to 6 months to see if it improves.  However, it does not make sense to have a scar/line there unless the line is not a scar and rather it is an impression from the cast?

Andre Aboolian, MD

Post op mark

From the photo, it looks like a mark from the splint but without assessing you in person, impossible to say. If it doesn't resolve on it's own in the next week or so, schedule an appointment to see your surgeon.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Small depressed area near tip of nose post surgery.

Of course, you should contact your treating surgeon to discuss your individual case. At two weeks postoperatively it is way too early to be sure of a final contour of your Rhinoplasty. From the picture, I think that it is very possible that the depression near the tip could be from the splint. If the splint was on for about two weeks it might take longer than just a few days for such a depression to resolve. As you said, your nose is still quite swollen. Even if the depression remained to some extent long term it should be fairly easy to improve with a little filler.