Breast are getting way too big; giving me problems. I changed bra size 6 time in the pass I say year so. Can I get them smaller?

Trying to see if I can get them smaller

Breast reduction

If you desire a breast reduction you should consider going for a consultation with a plastic surgeon. Best of luck.

If your breasts have grown that rapidly, I would recommend first seeing your primary care physician or gynecologist for a hormonal workup.  If your hormonal levels are normal, then I would say a breast reduction surgery would be extremely beneficial to you.    If your hormonal levels are high, then that issue will need to be dealt with first.   Undergoing a breast reduction with continued high hormonal levels may result in your breasts continuing to grow even after the reduction.  

Breast reduction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based upon your concerns a breast reduction would be your best option. Both breast reductions and breast lift reshape the breast and remove the excess skin. The difference between the two procedures is that in a breast reduction excess breast tissue is also removed making the breast overall smaller. 

The procedure is performed under full anesthesia and takes about 2 hours. Most doctors will do this as an outpatient procedure. You should consider about 1-2 weeks out of work for recovery and about a month out of the gym. 

You should have several consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area before making any final decisions.

As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure your health care concerns are managed by your primary care physician.

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Breast are getting way too big...

Thank you for the question. Based on your description, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery at some point. “Official” recommendations of course would necessitate in-person consultation.

Breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. By removing “excess” breast tissue, adipose tissue, and breast skin  this operation reduces and lifts the breasts to a higher position on the chest wall. When a breast reduction is performed, a breast “lift” occurs as part of the procedure. Patients often find improvement in neck, back, and shoulder discomfort and find it easier to form their activities of daily living and exercise. 

Timing of the operation will depend on the patient's life circumstances. In general, it is best to do this procedure ( like all other elective body contouring the stages,  when patients have reached their long-term stable weights.  In doing so, there is an "improvement" in the safety of the procedure and the need for further surgery ( in the event of weight gain/loss after the breast reduction procedure) is minimized.  Breasts may change, unpredictably, after pregnancy.  Often, changes seen with pregnancy include a decrease in size and/or change in position.

When the time is right,  seek consultation with well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly.  I suggest that you do not communicate your goals in terms of achieving a specific cup size. For example, a “C cup” may mean different things to different people and therefore may be a source of miscommunication. In my practice, I ask patients to communicate their goals with the help of goal photographs. I hope this, and the attached link, helps.