Is it a mole or a blister? (Photo)

I've recently moved away for university so I've yet to register to the local doctor. While having a shower I felt something on my back that really hurt when I nicked it. I checked in the mirror and noticed a mole or I think it is, I've never seen before. It's very odd in shape, and looks like the colour has run from the mole onto my skin. Is this a mole or a skin blister and should I be worried? Sorry the photos are small you can see better once you zoom in

Doctor Answers 4


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi. I agree you need a close examination with a dermatologist but clinically this looks like "angiokeratoma".

Check it out!

London Dermatologist

Lesion on the back

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question.  It is hard to tell from the photo if it is a mole or something else.  I recommend for you to see a dermatologist to have a closer examination.  I wish you the best!

When in Doubt, Get it Checked--Mole Removal--Lasers, Radiowave, Shave

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You would need an in person evaluation to identify if this is a mole. Moles can be improved with lasers, radiowave and shave. I suggest seeing an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

You might also like...

Mole evaluation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I always recommend an in-person examination, as photos can be deceiving.  With that disclaimer, it looks like it might be a vascular growth, which is not a mole, and is why it has a purple color.  

Jacquelyn Dosal, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.