I have a hole up the inside of my nose, can this be fixed?

Hole inside of nose

Thanks for your question.  If you are referring to a perforated septum, then yes it can be fixed.  You will want to be sure you seek out a consultation with a surgeon who is experienced with fixing perforated septums because it can be a challenging procedure.  I hope this helps. 

Nasal Perforation

It sounds like you have a hole (perforation) in your nasal septum. It can be closed but depending on the size maybe very challenging. 

Fred Suess, MD

Septal perforation?

Thank you for the question.  Is the hole located in the septum, the cartilage that separates the left and right nostrils?  If it is it is called a septal perforation.  If its small it may cause a whistling sound.  Septal perforations can be repaired but great care must be taken.  Large septal perforations that are not symptomatic are often treated conservatively since they are very challenging to fix.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD