Is upper eyelid function lost after ptosis surgery?

I had ptosis surgery on my right eye 21 days back. now my right eye loos larger than my normal left eye. I cant control my right upper eyelid. my right eye remains partially open when I sleeps. will these be corrected over time? my doctor is not giving clear answer. thank you.

Ptosis Surgery Recovery

What was the cause of your ptosis? If it was present since birth, often times post-surgery, you will always have some lagophthalmos or partial opening of the eye when you sleep. On the other hand, if it was standard age-related ptosis, the opening of the eye during sleep can resolve over time as the swelling goes away. If the asymmetry persists or if the problems with eyelid closure continue, you may need a revision to adjust the lid height.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon