How many times do I need to take Roaccutane 20mg?

I am 30years old. My acne problem from 6years ago but from 2months i was suffering too much acne in my face and neck. its feelings pain and itching . i want to know how many months need to take Roaccutane 20mg? for it can i will face any side effect?

Accutane dosing

Thank you for your question. Accutane (isotretinoin) dosing is based on an individual's weight, which is 1 mg per kilogram for a minimum of 4 months. Therefore, if you weigh 60 kg, then your minimum recommend total dose will be isotretinoin 60 mg per day for four months. But if you can only tolerate 30 mg daily due to side effects or lab abnormalities, then your therapy will be 8 months. I generally like to start patients on lower doses to help them acclimate to any side effects and to monitor for any changes in lab work. The dose may be increased depending on your tolerance of the medication and if your blood work is normal. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist regarding Accutane treatment and dosing appropriate for you. Take care and good luck.