Minoxidil skin side effects.

Im using minoxidil twice daily about 4 months already. The skin becomes dry n sttarts to itchy. I couldn't stop the itchiness even after application of moisturizer. It stops after i scratch those place. But now the scratched area turn dark. What shoud i do now?

Minoxidil and skin

The most common side effect of Minoxidil is dry skin,irritation and itching in the treated areas.It would probably be best to stop using the Minoxidil and let the irritation subside.If the area still stays the same after 1-2 weeks you should probably consult a Dermatologist.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon