Can apply a mineral oil-based moisturizer or a sunscreen after applying Retin-A cream?

I've got a acne prone skin. My skin tone is also uneven & also got a lot of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation marks around my forehead and cheeks and also on my nose.So I got a recommendation to use Retin-A 0.05% cream. I'm about to start the medication. So, does it somehow matter to use a oil based moisturizer or a sunscreen that contains mineral oil in it? Thanks

Time of use

I would use retin-a at night when you are not using sunscreen for best results and less complications.  

Folsom Plastic Surgeon