I was given Roaccutane, but have stopped using it. Since then the acne has came back; what should I do?

Hi, i m a girl of 24 ..i am suffering from acne from 4 years..my doctor gave me Roaccutane.. i took it two months and i got good result..i stopped to have it.. and after 8/9 months that acne came back.. what should i do now?? please suggest me..

Recurrent acne

Thank you for your question. Isotretinoin therapy is based on your weight, and you have to take a certain amount in order for therapy to be considered complete. Generally, the dose is 1 mg per kilogram for 4 months; therefore, you taking isotretinoin for 2 months does not indicate you completed a full therapy. In my experience, I found acne to commonly recur if patients do not complete their minimum dose goal. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to discuss your acne and treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.

Recurrent acne

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}