Lipo or Tummy tuck? (photos)

Hello there. I had consultation with 3 diferent plastic surgeon and 2 of them advise me to go for lipo first and then if I'm not happy with the results I can make TT. Dr #3 recommended to make mini TT with endoscopic technic to fix the upper muscles. This one is a very well known PS. I have 2 kids (5 & 3y), 2 c-sections, no stretch marks but my belly is big and love handles are getting bigger with the time. I'm confused and afraid of going for the lipo and then continue with a fluffy belly.

Liposuction or tummy tuck

Thank you for the enquiry. Hope you are not in your ideal body weight. From the side view of the picture,I can see lot of visceral fat which is not amenable for liposuction or tummy tuck,Though We need to examine you in person to confirm this finding.  You have very good skin tone . What i recommend is lose these extra pounds by avoiding late night carbohydrate dinners and doing regular exercise, Then meet a plastic surgeon. If you go for tummy tuck now and later you lose weight , you might need a revision tummy tuck due to loose skin which develop because of the weight loss. 

Lipo or Tummy tuck?

Greetings

Thank you for your question. You look to be a good candidate for Liposuction but however examination is needed for final evaluation. 

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Lipo or Tummy tuck?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information and pictures as well!! You look to have a lot of viceral fat and is hard without a personal evaluation tell what is the best procedure for you! Please visit a board ceritifed plastic surgeon for an evaluation and to talk about your goals! 

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

DrDerby

Thank you for your question and the photos. I would recommend you a TT and additional lipo in areas needed with the same surgery. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Do I need a tuck

It is very hard to answer your question without an examination to determine muscle bulge, possible diastasis. or other factors that would indicate the need for muscle work. You can help make your decision by asking yourself about muscle function, i.e. can you do situps, crunches, etc. without difficulty, do you have pain in your abdomen with lifting, have you been told that you have a hernia. These answers should help you.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Lipo or tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. I am in general not a fan of mini tucks but in your case I believe the ps who suggested liposuction and endoscopic repair of your muscles is on the right tract. I would either do it that way or make a reasonable low incision to plication the muscles under direct vision.

The reason why you are a good candidate for this is twofold.  You have what appears to be a high riding belly button and minimal excess skin.

Good luck with whichever way you choose. 

Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or tummy tuck?

Thank you for asking about liposuction and a tummy tuck.

• You are right to be concerned -
  • I believe you will be disappointed with liposuction.
  • And if your muscle is repaired and minimal skin removed, you will be disappointed with that too.
  • And once your tummy muscles are tightened, you may have more loose skin that it looks.
  • If you were my patient, unless the exam I would probably recommend liposuction of the flanks and mid-upper abdomen, muscle repair and removal of as much excess skin as needs to be removed - with a new opening for the belly button if needed.
  • Ask your third plastic surgeon if this is what he has in mind -
  • these days many surgeons call the standard operations 'mini' procedures to reassure people.
  • Although everyone is afraid of the long scar of a standard tummy tuck, it is so well hidden and if it is necessary, I have not yet had a patient regret the excellent result it provides.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD