I had FUE Transplant 4 days post op here in Bangkok at the Absolute Clinic and I have a question about an unusual scab (Photo)

2 days after my surgery, I went in for check up and clean up. The next morning I noticed slight blood stream down my forhead. I had still been using the mist spray provided and shower cap when sleeping which I did that night and assumed it was just the mist spray moistend the scab. The scab I am concerned about looks like 3 to 4 grafts stuck together outside my head. I would really appreciate anyones assistance. As this was my first HT, I am really concerned. Thank you in advance.

Scabbing

scabbing is part of procedure but in case of excessive scabbing than you must focus on your method of washing your head.What we recommend after a week apply some baby hair oil at night and do some gentle circular massage and wash it next day properly.But before doing that do consult your clinic.

Pakistan Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is best to contact your doctor for any post operative questions or issues. Excessive scabbing may mean

It is best to contact your doctor for any post operative questions or issues.  Excessive scabbing may mean you are not washing your hair well enough.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post operative crusting

An FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area, but the donor area has open wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use  a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon