Fat grafting to cheeks after care: What should I do?

I've just had fat grafts to my cheeks but am a little sketchy about what I can do to maximize take-up of fat in the long term. My surgeon gave me very little information. Searching here and on other sites have suggested it's important to minimize movement of the grafted area. But what does this mean in practice? Minimize talking? Eat only foods that don't require much chewing? Sleep face up? Avoid bending over? Stay in bed? And for how long? Is there anything else I should/shouldn't do? Thanks!

Post operative instructions

For the first 48 hours, you should keep your head elevated on 2-3 pillows when sleeping. Do not sleep on the grafted area for 3 weeks. You should be out of bed the day after surgery to avoid blood clots. Avoid bending over. Decreased activity and pain medication may promote constipation, so you may want to add more raw fruit to your diet, and be sure to increase fluid intake. Chewing will not harm the fat graft. Apply ice to your cheeks and eyes for the first 72 hours. Alternate 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off while awake, as much as possible.

It is completely reasonable for your to contact your surgeon's office and discuss any further questions that you may have. Best of luck!

Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post operative instructions

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon