Is the Transplanted hair safe? (photos)

I can see the black dots in the transplanted area. Few are having hairs and few are not having. Is it that only those which have hair will grow or all the transplanted hairs will grow? And one more concern the grafts which are inserted can be lost or fall off or just the hair that is outside will fall off?

If you are concerned about losing your graft and post operative care, contact your doctor. Following your doctor's

If you are concerned about losing your graft and post operative care, contact your doctor.  Following your doctor's post operative recommendation is the best thing to do.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post transplant

The grafts you see will eventually shed along with the crusts that appeared after the surgery.  An FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area, but the donor area has open wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon