Should we stop taking finpecia while planning for kid ? Can long term usage of fin impact kids/female partner ?

Propecia and babies

I have been doing a little digging on the potential for finasteride birth defects.  I checked with the FDA on what has been reported, and consulted with several other hair physicians and male sexual health specialists around the world.

Here’s what I found: No one in the group of doctors has seen or heard of a report that the finasteride in semen from taking propecia caused a birth defect while having sex when the partner was pregnant.  The FDA’s own website addresses this question on page 2/14 where it states:

Semen levels have been measured in 35 men taking finasteride 1 mg/day for 6 weeks. In 60% (21 of35) of the samples, finasteride levels were undetectable (

Propecia and babies

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Finpecia and children

There is no evidence that men on finasteride have an increased risk of having child abnormalities while on the drug and getting their wife pregnant. This becomes a personal decision

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Finpecia and children

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon