On one side crater is formed when chest is relaxed. Too much was removed. Can it be corrected? How soon can it be done? (Photo)

I had Gynecomastia surgery done on 08/10/2016. I have a indent when my chest is relaxed and i can clearly feel that too much fat has been removed one side as compared to other. How can it be corrected?? I am 47 days post surgery, so how soon can revision be done?? Is there a chance that it be corrected at all?? I am so worried about this, any suggestions would be helpful. Picture attached below.

Crater Deformity

Hi bigbrown,

Thanks for the post. Crater deformity can be corrected in different ways. Depending on the severity of the crater you can either undergo fat flap or fat grafting procedures. I would recommend waiting at least 6 months from the surgery prior to undergoing any revision surgery. Refer to the following link for more information.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

On one side crater is formed when chest is relaxed. Too much was removed. Can it be corrected? How soon can it be done?

Given your body type you needed direct excision of the gyne tissue and lipo of the surrounding tissues. Make sure that this was done correctly. Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in #gynecomastia surgery, has great photos, and is an expert in male breast reduction.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Speak to your Plastic Surgeon About Possible Fat Grafting or Injectables

As you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin.

In the future, if you are still experiencing your crater concern, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.  They may possibly be able to address the issue with fat grafting or cosmetic fillers if you are a good fit.

Crater on one side when chest is relaxed. Too much was removed. Can it be corrected?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  I would allow your current results to mature for at least 6 months before entertaining any revision.  You need to allow any residual swelling to fully resolve, and based on your appearance at that time you may be a candidate for liposuction and fat grafting to the hollowed out areas.  Hope this helps

47 Days Post Gynecomastia, Craters Under Nipples Making Chest Look Abnormal - Can This Be Corrected

The short answer is YES.  Obviously, the best person to answer this question would be your personal plastic surgeon.  I would definitely give him or her an opportunity to address your areas of concern.  

That being said, if you were my patient,  I would immediately begin doing ultrasound (the kind physical therapists use for sore muscles) to break up the significant scarring under your nipples which is causing a portion of the indentation.  It's difficult to ascertain from your comments and pictures whether you had liposuction of your entire chest.  If you did not, I would liposuction each side of your chest separately, doing it at about 180 days after the surgery.  The depth of your craters is inversely related to the elevation of the skin and fat around it.  Ultrasound plus waiting 6 months softens the tissue under the nipples and makes it possible to take some of the fat that is suctioned out and graft it under the nipple and into some of the weakened scar tissue which is creating the crater.  This process of suctioning the elevation plus elevating the depression should give you a much smoother and more aesthetic chest.