Will I get the result even after there is no cut on the areola part of the nipple ? (photos)

I had surgery recently .After surgery i had only cut at two sides .There is no cut on the areola parts .I may wondering if it works or not .I was expecting the the small size of them .Will it be possible to get desired result ?Is there anything that it could have been done ,cos my surgeon has suggested so .I know its too early to ask this .Its my curiosity .

Gynecomastia surgery

Hello, and thank you for your question. There are many ways to perform this surgery depending upon your individual anatomy. It looks like your healing up quite nicely at this point although it is still very early in the recovery process. Continue to follow up with your treating physician. You can always go back and remove some additional tissue if your results are unsatisfactory in the future. Best of luck.

Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Many times male gynecomastia can be treated by liposuction alone.

Breast tissue is a combination of fat as well as glandular tissue. In males that have predominantly fat liposuction alone can be suitable treatment. When the glandular component is substantial a separate incision need to be made to remove that remnant. From the photographs I can't tell if you fall into that camp.

Gynecomastia Surgical Techniques

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. The doctor will recommend the one that is best suited to each individual case.

The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period.

Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

Will I get the result even after there is no cut on the areola part of the nipple ?

Hi sathya ,
if your surgeon had initially suggested those cuts and not done it , then there is a possiblity that you had only fat and might not have needed them
anyway its too early for you to worry
best of luck

Gynecomastia

Thanks for photos.  It sounds like only liposuction was performed.  If your breasts were composed of mainly fat that might yield a good result.  If there was actual gynecomastia (and hence breast tissue), then I often make an incision around the areola to remove the gland.  Too early to tell final result because you are still swollen.

Tim Neavin, MD

Gynecomastia Results

Many times gynecomastia can be treated by liposuction alone if there is only body fat in the chest area. If, however, there is the firm glandular tissue under and around he nipple, then a direct removal through a small incision at the nipple gives the best results. It is too early to tell yet. I recommend you keep in contact with your Plastic Surgeon and share your concerns with him/her. Best of luck

Steven L. Robinson, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon