How to remove eye bags/puffy? (Photo)

Hi doctors, am 24 year old (male). Daily i am getting eye bags/puffy. For past 1 month I got a problem. Everybody noticing me like your tired, your look like patient. So I really embarrassing to speak other people. Am not a smoker, I sleep daily 7 to 8 hours and am not . Really I don't know how it was formed. Can suggest me how to remove this eye bag. Please help me. One more thing is am taking daiy androfolaM tablet for hair treatment. Is it cause for this?

Lower Eyelid Bags

Hi, thanks for your great question. Many people have similar concerns. There's a chance that the Androfola M can be making your issue worse, so I would talk to the doctor who prescribed it about stopping it. That being said, based on your pictures, it appears that you have lower eyelid fat herniation. The best thing to do would be to see an oculoplastic surgeon in your area who could do an in person examination and discuss your specific concerns and treatment options. Oculoplastic surgeons commonly perform what is called a transconjunctival lower lid blepharoplasty. So make sure to ask about that!
All the best!

Ridgewood Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower lid eye bags - best treatment

Thank you for asking about your lower lid eye bags.
  • If you never had this before, then it may be from your medicine.
  • Stop the medicine and if things don't improve, see an ENT specialist.
  • If you have always had these bags, then  lower lid surgery will remove the fat that causes the bulges.
  • For this you need a qualified platsic surgeon.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lower eyelid Bags

After reviewing your photos I would suggest a trans-conjuctival lower eyelid blepharoplasty.  In my experience with young pateints that have significant bags, this is the best option.  Good Luck.

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

I suggest a combination of fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP for improvement if surgery is not wanted.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fillers

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Lower lid puffiness surgery fro eye bags

Transconjunctival lower lid surgery is the best no scar surgical treatment when performed by an experienced surgeon for this procedure.

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Lower eyelid bags

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. You have too much fat prolapse for treatment with dermal fillers. You should have lower blepharoplasty which should give you an excellent result. See an eyelid specialist.  Good luck,

Lower eyelid blepharoplasty

You are a good candidate for: augmenting lower eyelid blepharoplasty: transconjuctival approach with fat preservation/redraping followed by volumizing agents (hyaluronic acid fillers) to further improve the eyelid-cheek junction and midface contour. 

Costas Papageorgiou, MD, FACS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to remove eye bags/puffy? = lowed lid surgery (transconjunctival) #lowerlidbags #eyelidsurgery

Lower lid bags are usually the result of excess of fat in the lower lids. This usually occurs in after the 30s. However, young patients could present this physical finding.There are multiple ways to remove the lower lid bags. The most common one is with an incision on the eyelid (just bellow the eyelashes). Another way is through an incision "inside the eye" ( behind the lower lid - medical term :transconjuctival blepharoplasty ).
In my practice, I recommend young patients to undergo lower lid bag removal with a transconjuctival approach ( incision "inside the eye" or behind the lower lid). In that way the inclusion is not visible. 

John Mesa, MD

How to remove eye bags?

In general, there are two methods to help improve bags under the eyes caused by protruding fat.  A filler can be injected under the bags to help camouflage them or surgery can be done to address the protruding fat.  The result from surgery would be much longer lasting than the result achieved with an injection.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon