Is it necessary to put in jaw expanders if I have a narrow mouth and protruding teeth, or is this possible with only braces?

Invisalign is the best answer.

If I assume you are an adult,  Invisalign would be by far the best solution. Invisalign is excellent at expansion and after treating close to 1000 cases there have been none that I have not been able to treat.  Invisalign is faster, more comfortable, and a healthier orthodontic technology than traditional wire and bracket orthodontics.  Although I do not know all the details of your situation,  I would advise that you get an opinion from a General Dentist who has a lot of experience with Invisalign Orthodontic treatment before you proceed.