Post circumferential lipo - Lasix tablet half a day

I had circumferential lipo on my thighs, hips etc. My legs, feet and ankles are pretty swollen. The stretch causes pain especially i the morning. Doctor advised to take half a tablet of Lasix 40mg. I am scared to take coz of the side effects. He says pain is due to stretching, which is due to water retention and so take Half a tablet today and half tomorrow. Plz advise.

Should I take my surgeon's prescriptions

Thank you for asking about your swelling and liposuction.

• You really need to rely on your own surgeon's assessment of the problem.
  • Lasix is a strong diuretic and can temporarily reduce swelling. 
  • However knee high compression socks and a long leg garment should help control the swelling.
  • If you are not wearing these, please discuss using them with your surgeon.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Swelling

Your swelling is mainly from surgery and will be best helped wearing full length compression garments and keeping your legs and feet elevated. TED hoes can be helpful.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon