What is a normal count of hair loss per day for a male?

What is normal count of hair loss per day for a male ? As per my observation sometimes i shed a lot (100-200 hair per day) and sometimes its less than 50 .I have been using finesteride and minoxdil for past 2 years ;despite that sometimes i observe more shedding for 1 month and then it becomes normal for 3-4 months.Should i consider it normal ?

Hair loss

on average you lose between 150-200 hairs a day. this can vary. be sure that you are using the minoxidil daily or as prescribed by your physician. starting and stopping minoxidil triggers the hair to be in a shedding phase.

Chicago Physician

Normal Hair Loss Per Day

We lose about 100 hairs per day, sometimes a bit less, sometimes a bit more. To me, this might be normal, but I advise you to consult a dermatologist or hair surgeon if you want to be sure.

Jean Devroye, MD
Belgium Hair Restoration Surgeon