I want to reduce my nose size. What should I do? (photos)

Doctor Answers 5


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The best way to tell which option would be best for you would be to visit a highly accredited, board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in all areas of rhinoplasty and facial reconstruction. Photos alone cannot show whether you would be a good candidate for a surgical procedure. When you're looking for a plastic surgeon, make sure to find one with before and after photos you like. Always do your research and go with a surgeon that will help you to realistically meet your expectations.

Reducing the size of the nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
A rhinoplasty specialist will be able to comprehensively address the issues you have with your nose. While there are a variety of approaches and techniques employed by various surgeons, it is up to you to do your due diligence to find a rhinoplasty specialist in order to achieve the best results possible. Using autologous grafts (tissue and cartilage from your own body) will provide the safest and most permanent results. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 64 reviews

I want to reduce my nose size. What should I do?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello, and thank you for the question. More photos and/or an exam would be necessary in order for you to obtain the best advice. I would recommend a consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty. He or she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you; this will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. The morphed image can also serve as a fantastic communication tool between you and your prospective surgeon. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 49 reviews

Reduce my nose size

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi Neha,

Although you are trying to hide your identity to post such highly cropped picture but it seems that  your nasal bony pyramid is Ok and you need reshaping of tip of nose called Tip plasty.  Please go a see a plastic surgeon.  WIsh you good luck.

You will benefit from Rhinoplasty !

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi. From these photos, I can only infer that you need tip elevation, tip rotation and tip reduction. These images are not enough to give you the correct treatment plan. Will appreciate if you can share more views. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.