I have very bad pigmentation on my face. What is the best remedy?

Pigmentation treatments

@Meghaa Thank you for your question, and I'm sorry for your struggle.

Without seeing you in person, it is hard to address the severity of your pigmentation.
That being said, there are some things you can do regardless of your skin type; products being number one.

I like to use the ZO line by Dr. Zein Obagi for pigmentation correction. He created products called Melamin, and Melamix. Melamin is used in the morning (under SPF35+ of course) and Melamix, which is mixed with Retinoic Acid at night. These products should be used 2-4 weeks prior to having any laser procedure done,  in order to suppress your body's melanocytes and blend your skin tone.

A great, safer laser treatment for pigmentation is the Permea by Solta. Little to no downtime, and treatment itself only takes about 30 minutes. I recommend having a series of at least 3 with 4 weeks in between them. 

Best of luck to you!

#permea #badpigmentation #options

Pigmentation treatments

@Meghaa Thank you for your question. Without seeing you in person, it is difficult to determine the severity of your pigmentation. Generally speaking, there are some things you can do that are safe for all skin types; products being number one. I like to use the ZO line for pigmentation correction. They have a product called Melamin, which is used in the morning (under SPF35+ of course) and another one used in conjunction with;  Melamix, which is mixed with Retinoic Acid at night. These products should be used prior to any laser procedure in order to suppress your melanocytes and blend your skin tone.

A great, safer laser treatment for pigmentation is the Permea by Solta. Little to no downtime, and treatment itself only takes about 30 minutes. I do recommend having a series of at least 3 with 4 weeks in between them

Best of luck to you, and be well.

#permea   #badpigmentation   #options

Treatment for Hyperpigmentation on the Face

Hyperpigmentation on the face may be superficial and/or deep.  Pigmentation problems are sometimes a result of environmental agents, genetics, sun damage, or a combination of the three.  Treatment is dependent upon your skin type, the depth of the hyperpigmentation and the cause of the discoloration.  Pigmentation issues are treated with skin care products, chemical peels and lasers.   I recommend you seek advice from board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist's office or board certified aesthetician.  There are many variables to be considered.  There is always a risk of the pigmentation becoming worse and for this reason, I recommend the consultant be an expert in this field. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS