FUE treatment. (photos)

It's been 5 months now since I did FUE treatment for about 4000 grafts . Did trimming few times after the 3rd month of FUE . Still haven't noticed any changes yet . I smoke and drink . Is it because of that the process is real slow as I haven't change any growth of new transplanted hair whatsoever .

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE treatment

Regrowing hair is thin, undersized and not bright untill 4-5 th months of hair transplant .İt's normal characteristic wave, curl, appears in 7-9 months and gets mature , thicker and brighter. But smoking may slow down this process and causes thinner , brittle hair at the end of process which takes about 1 year..

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

5 months post FUE

You called it right, smoking and drinking may slow growth, nevertheless, in 8 months you should see 80% of the growth

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

5 Months post op

Transplanted hairs start to visibly regrow between months 4-6. At month 6-9, a patient may expect to see growth for  80% of the transplants. Again, due to the random cycle of hair growth, not all grafts will start growing at the same time. Initially, the hair my be thinner and finer. It will gain length and density as it matures. 

Full growth from the transplants is usually achieved at 12 months. All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

5 months post FUE

Smoking can certainly slow down the response in growth as the vessels carrying blood to the grafts are not as robust - that being said, by 5 months you should start to at least "feel" some fuzzy hair starting to come in where the grafts were placed. Are you using a laser cap as well? In cases where there may be compromised blood supply,  I always recommend supplementing the transplant with as much help as possible to maximize results.  That being said, give it time.  I always say between 6-9 months you are 80% of the way there, with full results taking a year.  Sounds like you may be on the slower route.  Best of luck.  I hope this helps.    

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon