Want to do FUE with Scalp Micropigmentation. How long should I wait for SMP after FUE? I'll be keeping my hair short (Photo)

Hi I'm 24 years old. I've norwood 6 or 7 baldness. As i cant cover my full head with Hair transplant. So i'm thinking of going with the combination of FUE on the crown & middle part & SMP with the remaining. I dont want dense result. i just want to make it look like i've some hair left. I dont want to cover full head either with FUE or SMP. Is this a good plan. I feel like Full head SMP may look fake, so planning to do FUE. Is there any side effects with SMP. Can any one tell more about SMP.

Transplant and SMP

Essentially as soon as your scalp is done healing from the transplant procedure you can go ahead and have a SMP procedure. This generally means a few months, depending on your rate of healing and if there are any complications. Keep in mind there's no date you have to have SMP done by, so you could consider waiting for the transplant to achieve full growth before deciding where and how much SMP you want done.

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

You need to see a doctor in person for an exam if you want both SMP and FUE. You may not need FUE.

You need to see a doctor in person for an exam if you want both SMP and FUE.  You may not need FUE.  In general you need to wait at least 1 to 2 months after FUE to have SMP.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

SMP after FUE

Generally, if you want to just do the donor area where the FUE was done with scalp micropigmentation, you should wait long enough for the wounds to mature and not be red. That often takes 1-2 months. See web reference below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon