Will Finasteride work for hair loss without hair transplant?

I am facing genetic hair loss problem, I have tried almost all possible options like oils, Ayurvedic medicines, mentop tropical solution , PRP treatment for 6 months, hair fall is reduced but no much hair growth currently my crown area is visible and I can see some of the top area also slightly visible, my doctor suggested me to go for transplant and then finestride for 3 months, without hair transplant it will not work good, currently I am at 3rd stage of baldness and ok with this , pls suggest

Finasteride work for hair loss without hair transplant

Doctor's claim that without hair transplant finasteride  will not work good is not true .Only finasteride without HT may stop hair loss and even bald spot disappear . But main point is to continue to use the drug.. do you know that in order to sustain the effect of it, you have to use it for years ..

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated, To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Getting The Best Results with Hair Loss Treatments--Prp and progesterone

I suggest PRP/progesterone injections along with Finestride for best results. I suggest seeing an expert to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options. Best, Dr. Emer 

Finasteride

finasteride is a preventative medication which is used to slow the progression of hair loss. it will help you keep the existing hairs on your head. transplant is used to replace the hairs that have already been lost. please be sure to have a consultation with a hair restoration surgeon who can discuss with you how these medications work, how transplants work, and formulate both short term and long term plans to maximize your benefits. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Finasterid

This drug works well in the very early stages of hair loss in men under 25, not when balding is more advanced.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Will Finasteride work for hair loss without hair transplant

Using finasteride has no effect on the transplanted hair.  Finasteride will work to protect your existing hair from the effects of DHT and hopefully strengthen the existing hair.  The goal is to stop the hair loss.

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon