Effect of sun exposure on beard transplant? Ways out for a film-maker to avoid the adverse effects who has a lot of field work:)

I got beard transplant done with 1500 grafts 24 hrs ago. Somewhat happy with the result though crust is starting to form and I'm spraying saline water (sodium chloride IP) every 2 hrs. About me, Im a film maker and have to shoot hours under SUN, I have taken a leave but can't stay away for long. What will be the effect on the transplanted area and the donor area (back of the head) if I start exposing myself in the sun directly for a few hrs from coming Monday which will be 4 days post transplant

Transplants and sun exposure

sun exposure after a hair transplant is not a good idea. The ultraviolet light can damage the healing process

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you want to protect your head from the sun after surgery, wear a hat. If this is not an option, contact your doctor.

If you want to protect your head from the sun after surgery, wear a hat.  If this is not an option, contact your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Effect of sun exposure on beard transplant

if you start exposing yourself in the sun directly for a few hrs, just after beard transplant, it does not make any effect on the transplanted area and the donor area (back of the head) . If exposure gets longer, you may have hyperpigmentation risk of facial skin .

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon