Dark scar on forehead. Will fractional laser resurfacing help? (Photo)

i ve been using scar cream for around a two month and i dont see much improvement, ive been advised for fractional laser resurfacing, wil it help, any advice will be helpful

NO.

If you have access to a Q Switch laser this will be better. 

I would 

1. Sun protect
2. Use HQ as a fading agent
3. Perform low fluence Q switch laser every 2 weeks. 

This is better than Fractional laser as too much heat is generated. Sure you can use Fractional erbium say, 5-11% pass, 7-8 treatments, but Q switching at low dose is much safer

Cheers

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser Dermatologist

Brisbane Dermatologist

Dark Spots on Face

I would only do a test spot with a q-switched laser to see if this will work.  The other treatment that may be effective is a combination of hydroquinones and Retin-A in conjunction with strict sun avoidance.  It is best to consult a board certified dermatologist who in an expert with lasers.

Fractional Laser Treatment | ProFx Fractional Skin Resurfacing

Thank you for your question. More information is needed.

Yes, possible treatments include:

• Hydroquinone
  • Fractional laser
  • Intense Pulsed Light
  • Other lasers

To be sure what might be right for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS