My crown is not fitting properly due to excess cementation can it be redone?

Is it necessary to redo crown? #DrSoftTouch

I would recommend following up with your dentist if you have concerns about your crown. If what you are referring to is excess cement, your dentist can easily remove it. The best thing to do is see your dentist sooner rather than later to have this issue addressed. I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future. 

Crown Redo

Anything can be redone if it needs to be. The question is does it need to be redone or is it an easy fix. If the crown doesn't feel quite right, go back to your dentist and tell him or her. 

Crown might need to be redone

If it is just excess cement, your dentist can remove it.  If the crown is not seated properly, you will most likely need to redo the crown.  All of those options require you to go back to your dentist who did your crown.  I would do it sooner rather than later.  

Jean-Paul Banh, DDS
Federal Way Dentist

Repair of Crown

I am not sure sure of what excess cementation is. It there are two issues you could be referring to:

1.  Remaining excess cement that was not cleaned off the margins.  This would require the dentist to use a bur or scaled to remove. 

2.  The crown was not fully seated in place and there is a thick cement layer.  In this case the crown would be too high and would need to be removed and replaced. 

David M. Schertzer, DDS
Saint Louis Dentist