About breast enlargement problem? What can I do about gynecomastia?

Hello doctor sab. . I am 24yrs old my name is chetu (name changed) i hav problem please give me solution.. I have gynecomastia and i suffering from 2 to 3 years but now it looks odd so give me suggestions. ..

Doctor Answers 7

Options to Treat Gynecomastia

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastiaAccording to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.

About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement.

There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 116 reviews

Treatment of gynecomastia.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi Chetu, thank you for your question regarding gynecomastia. The treatment of gynecomastia depends on the type and severity of your gynecomastia condition. If you have a mild to moderate amount of male breast glandular tissue, I would suggest liposuction with a VASER. The VASER is particularly useful because it melts the male breast glandular tissue and fat. The VASER is extremely useful in breaking up thick, dense breast tissue commonly found in gynecomastia. If your gynecomastia problem cannot be resolved with liposuction, you may require an incision. Often the incision is placed around the areola. Through this incision, glandular tissue can be directly excised. If you have a significant amount of excess male breast skin, you may need an incision around the areola, in the axillae, or underneath the breast. The type of gynecomastia surgery is best addressed by physical examination and consultation. Please seek a board certified plastic surgeon with significant experience in the treatment of gynecomastia.

Good luck, if you have any other questions regarding gynecomastia or the surgical treatment of gynecomastia, please contact my office.

Sincerely, Dr. Katzen.

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 254 reviews

About breast enlargement problem? What can I do about gynecomastia?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for the question. Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis.

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

About breast enlargement problem? What can I do about gynecomastia?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Best suggestion is to see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a complete evaluation. Fortunately Gynecomastia is not uncommon and can be corrected with beautiful results. 

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 67 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for the question but without photos or an examination it is difficult to make a recommendation.  So see some experts in your area and be examined and informed what is the best treatment for you

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 65 reviews

Gynecomastia and VASER liposuction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
If you are unhappy with gynecomastia the only solution is surgery. Today I treat virtually all young patients with VASER liposuction alone and without need for revision: the results are excellent and with virtually no scars.
I believe you should however go deeper into the diagnosis of your gynecomastia before proceeding with any surgical procedure.

Stefano Cotrufo, MD, PhD
London Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 37 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This type of question needs a photo to see if the issue is real or just a variation of "normal". If it is significant the only solution I am aware of is surgery which can be performed through a tiny spot inside the armpit. Hope this helps

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.