How can I treat gynecomastia?

:( okay.......i am barshan .... 19 yrs old boy from bangaldesh. some yrs ago i found out i have puffy nipples...i searched internet and found that i had gynecomastia...and after that i saw some symptomps of "Klnefelter syndrome"... i have most of the symptomps...plz help me... i am having serious psychological problems......

Gynecomastia

How should I choose a surgeon?
Selecting a surgeon is as important a choice as the decision to undergo surgery. Choose carefully only a board certified PLASTIC SURGEON. The decision is yours. What follows is some advice to assist in making your selection.
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon who has performed over one thousand gynecomastia cases increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures a surgeon displays, the better. Pay attention not just to the number of pictures, but whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3. Gynecomastia surgery Reviews matter. Have patients reviewed your surgeon? Did those patients undergo the surgery you are considering?
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
We hope these guidelines are of assistance when you are selecting your surgeon. When undergoing surgery, it is very important to be realistic about your expectations. Past results are not a guarantee of future results. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

How can I treat gynecomastia?

Thank you for your question. Gynecomastia is a fairly common condition that can be treated surgically. The best place to start is with a consultation with a local board certified Plastic Surgeon. He/she can examine your chest and suggest options. Best wishes.

Steven L. Robinson, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

How can I treat gynecomastia?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns. Based on your brief description, I think that you will be best off undergoing a complete workup with your primary care physician. Genetic testing may be necessary to provide you with some answers. "Psychological problems" should be addressed by the appropriate professionals as well.   When these concerns have been addressed, and gynecomastia is of concern, it will be time to meet with board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss treatment options. You may find the attached link, helpful in this regard.   Best wishes.

About Gynecomastia and Treating It

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect men of all different body types.

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. 
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.