4 weeks post op BA, do these look normal? (photos)

Hello, I am 4 weeks post op and I am not happy with the look of my breasts, I was a small 36b before and now I'm measuring at 36DD, they look huge, there's a big gap between breasts and they look like they are sagging? I was given a 415cc gel moderate implant.

Implants only magnify

what you started with... and you could have been borderline for a needing a lift.  Your implants could have been positioned closer to each other BUT it would rotate your nipples outwards.  What would you prefer more?  If you are not happy, always best to discuss your concerns with your surgeon to see what could be done if you wished to change things.

4 weeks post op BA, do these look normal?

It is a bit early to make a determination about final results.  Also, preop pictures would be helpful.

Result

Thank you for the photos and question but you are still early post op to fully evaluate your result but express your concerns to your surgeon

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. You're still early on healing process, I will recommend you to wait until they finally drop. Final results can be showed after 4 to 6 months from the procedure.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Thank you for the question and photos.  

It is much too early to evaluate and results of surgery at this point. You will find that your breasts will change significantly over the course of the next few months.   

After you have waited a few months to see the final results of surgery,  don't be surprised if you are pleased with the results of surgery.  If not, communicate your questions and concerns calmly with your plastic surgeon.

Post Op Concerns

Thank you for your question and photos. It would be most helpful to see pre operative photos as well for comparison. I recommend that you discuss your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon so that they can advise you.

All the best

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

4 weeks post a Breast Augmentation Surgery.

Hello and thank you for your question. It is hard to see from these photos because of the way they were taken. But also it is too soon for you to see your final results. You want to go ahead & give it at least 6-9 months after a surgery before performing any type of revision. Typically to fix the breast gap, we either perform a capsulorrhaphy which is pushing the implants more together or Fat Grafting to the medial portion of the breasts. Like stated before though, you want to go ahead & give yourself time to heal before a revis ion.I hope this helps & thanks for your question!

Healing

Your breasts will continue to shape and improve as time goes on.

It appears your left breast implant has moved slightly towards your sternum pushing your nipple/areola lateral.

Look normal?

Thanks for this question. Your breasts do look like they're healing normally, but I'm sorry to hear you're not happy. You should speak with your plastic surgeon about your outcome. Most likely, the result will improve over time. As far as the cleavage and sagging dissatisfaction, I suspect your before photos will clue us in that you're breast gap was a bit wide to begin with and that you may have had a good reason to see skin stretch before the surgery. Perhaps you could post some before photos for a fair comparison. Limitations with breast implants and the surgery techniques that no surgeon can overcome can lead to dissatisfaction for patients. It's important that your surgeon addresses this point with you at your next visit. Best wishes always, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD