At 54 would I benefit from fillers and Botox? (Photo)

I am 54. I don't feel nearly as sad and tired as I look. I work full time and taking off for surgery isn't an option. I'm interested in knowing if fillers and Botox would make me look more refreshed and be worth the expense. I am presently using the Obagi skin care line to improve my skin's overall appearance.

PRP, Botox, & fillers for rejuvenation

I believe you would be an ideal candidate for a combination of Botox and Fillers. The treatments would provide a subtle and natural rejuvenation providing they are administered well. The slight drawback would be that if you liked the results, you would need ongoing maintenance as the treatments are temporary. You should ensure the practitioner has had extensive training and practice in administering fillers and can back this up with testimonials, reviews, photos and case studies. The establishment and price will also be an indicator of the quality and efficacy of the treatment. Try to avoid going to people's homes to have treatment, instead visit a reputable clinic and have the fillers administered by an aesthetic nurse or plastic surgeon. I'd also recommend ongoing facials, chemical peels and PRP to improve the overall rejuvenation and texture of the skin. 

London Plastic Surgeon

PRP, Botox, & fillers for rejuvenation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

London Plastic Surgeon

It's never too late to start!

Hi Kim,

You'll see some great before and after pictures of people that started fillers and Botox well into their 50s and 60s.  Basically, it's never too late to start and you'll love yourself that much more.  Do your research and choose the right doctor for you.  You won't regret you started.  Best, Dr. Onir

It's never too late to start!

Hi Kim,

How do I know if Botox and fillers can fix my face at age 54 ?

Thank you for your question. Yes, you will benefit from both Botox and dermal fillers. Botox or other neuromodulators can be used to soften and relax the muscles to minimize the appearance of wrinkles. Botox can prevent dynamic wrinkles from getting deeper over time. Fillers can be used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles that are the result of volume loss, such as nasolabial folds, marionette lines and mid face volume loss. I recommend having a consultation with expert injector to determine the best treatment plan for you. Best of Luck! 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

It is very essential to learn a little bit about the process of aging before looking into procedures. In your case, what I notice is a combination of loose skin and volume loss along with pigmentation. I believe you will benefit from  skin tightening procedures such as Ultherapy or RF treatments such as RF microneedling, combine it with PRP. Consider fillers after skin tightening. Yes Botox is can help you in certain areas but the main thing is skin tightening and sun protection.

Best of luck

Dr. Shanthala

Best of luck

Dr. Shanthala

Is it time to start with fillers and Botox?? Ask Dr Ellen

Absolutely!  And for all of the reasons you stated.

The main reason they will make a difference is by restoring the feminine features to the face.  As women, we acquire more angularity and "squareness" to our faces with time.  We lose the curves and soft transition zones to harsh delineated lines and crevices.  In a word, we take on more Masculine features which detract from our basic nature and beauty.

Nonsurgical procedures can soften the look and and contours that have diminished with aging.  Don't feel pressed to do a lot at one time.  Rather, start conservatively and move forward if what you see is desirable.

In good health,

Ellen Mahony, MD

In good health,

Ellen Mahony, MD

Botox and Fillers

Hello, and thank you for your question.  It looks to me like you would be a great candidate for Botox and Dermal fillers.  The liquid facelift is becoming increasingly popular because it offers the same visual impact that a surgical facelift would offer — with virtually none of the downtime!  The liquid facelift uses several non-permanent injectable products to revitalize your face and return you to a much more youthful look.  Botox Cosmetic and Dysport are typically used as wrinkle reduction and elimination.  I recommend booking a consultation for a full evaluation. Best of luck to you.  

Botox and Fillers

Fillers and Botox for the face

Yes, you can achieve natural looking results for the face using botox and fillers. The injectables can make you look refreshed and rested as you feel. Best of Luck!

Sachit Shah, MD
Surrey Physician

Fillers and Botox for the face

Sachit Shah, MD
Surrey Physician

Should I?

Absolutely you should investigate the use of Botox and Filler.  I think most find they are fairly easy ways to rejuvenate the face.  Also, maintaining a good skin care regimen such as ZO would be a good way to maintain.

Jeffrey Swetnam, MD
Fayetteville General Surgeon

Should I?

Jeffrey Swetnam, MD
Fayetteville General Surgeon

Non-surgical options in your 50s

Botox and Fillers would certainly be useful for you, especially in the orbital area, specifically towards to outer area of the eye, where the cheek and eyelid have separated, leaving a hollow. Supplementing any injectable treatment with something to tighten the lower and upper eyelid skin would add a lot to the equation. You can do local only skin excisions for the upper and lower eyelids, which do not have a significant down time (5-7 days). If that is not an option, fractora or exilis can help tighten those areas. Jawline recontouring can be achieved with face tite RF, but 4-5 days downtime is required for that treatment.

Non-surgical options in your 50s

Looking tired

Thank you for posting this question, and the simple answer is YES.  As you are already on a skin care program you are actively fighting some of the effects of time and environmentally associated skin damage.  With little to no down time, Botox can relax the tension and line between your eyes, and open them just a bit.  Fillers like Juvederm, Voluma, and now Vollure can help soften the folds that frame your mouth from the base of your nose to your chin.  I encourage to make an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your community for a consultation to discuss your objectives and which fillers and neuromodulators can get you there.

Isaac Starker, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Looking tired

Isaac Starker, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon