Is the charge for a Bone Graft reasonable?

Hi, I got an estimate from my peridontist for the treatment of tooth #10. Basically, this tooth has severe bone loss with gum recession and can not be saved. It needs to be extractd before the ortho treatment. Here is the itemized detail: 1, barrier, $295 2, extraction, erupted tth/exp rt $206 3, Bone replcmt graft ridge site, $986 I am also not very sure what the 'barrier' is. Is the charge reasonable? Thanks.

Very Reasonable

That's not bad at all. In Beverly Hills, it goes for quite a bit more. However, I would discuss what sort of graft your periodontist is planning to perform and any potential complications or incompatibilities there might be, just to cover all of your bases.

Beverly Hills Dentist

Very reasonable!

Your dentist has quoted you a very reasonable fee for this procedure.  Everyone I know, including myself, charges more.  I think you might want to discuss this in more depth with your dentist so you understand the procedure and value better.

Price quote for bone graft

I agree with the other dentists on this thread that your dentist has quoted you a very reasonable fee for this procedure. Everyone I know and refer to charges more. I think you might want to discuss this in more depth with your dentist so you understand the procedure and value better.

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Dentist

Fees for extraction and bone grafting

I also think it is reasonable. There are three primary components to this type of procedure: Extraction, site graft, and barrier membrane (An occlusive membrane that allows more predictable maturation of bone under the gum tissue).

H. Ryan Kazemi, DMD
Bethesda Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon