Follow-up: Is this a tear after labiaplasty? (photo)

Hi I posted a picture a couple of days ago asking about a possible ripped stitch in my labia. I followed up with my doctor who said everything looked great and I felt very relieved however there is this one place that keeps bleeding (relatively light spotting not heavy) and I'm really concerned about it. I'm planning on seeing my doctor again and I know you can't tell much just from a picture but does this look like an issue? Will it heal by itself? I'm 8 days post surgery. Thank you so much!

Bleeding Post-Op Labiaplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. I hope by now you have been to see your surgeon if the suture had continued to bleed. The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of bruising and they way in which your body heals. I hope you have been able to get this all resolved, and best of luck to you!

Hard to tell from the photo

The photo is a little blurry. I would trust your surgeon if he feels like it is healing fine. It does look to be under some tension, and could possibly separate, but it's hard to tell from the photo.

Wedge labiaplasty not looking so good

The photo is blurry, but the scar looks as if it's about to rip apart. It appears to be under excess tension. Wedge labiaplasty scars are the weakest of all labiaplasty scars and you need to avoid any pressure or traction on the scar if you want it to remain intact. Time will tell whether it will heal or separate. There is nothing to do except wait.

Wedge labiaplasty healing

I'm glad you followed up with your surgeon and everything is healing well. Although the photo is blurry, I agree with your surgeon and I expect you'll see excellent results. 

Wedge resection complication!!!!

Because your photo is blurry it is difficult to assess.  Even if a stitch has pulled out there is nothing you can do about it at this time.  Please confer with your operating surgeon.  

Thank you for sharing your photograph and I am sorry that your recovery has caused you such worry.  If your surgeon was able to examine you and felt that all is well, you are likely experiencing normal healing and should see continued improvement given time.  Because your photograph is out of focus it is difficult to offer definite advice but it appears that you have some scab tissue present along your incision line or a superficial separation of the tissues.  Try to minimize any swelling or stretching of the tissues and see your surgeon again for reassurance.  Best wishes.