Can I take off my sports bra for one night? (Photos)

Hi, I'm 2 weeks post op and next Saturday there's this party and I would like to not wear my sports bra for that night, it would only be a couple of hours and I'll be 3 weeks post op by then, can I do it? Can I not wear my sports bra for a couple of hours after 3 weeks post op?

Can you take off your sports bra for one night?

IF you were my patient, at 3 weeks post-op, I would allow you to go one night in an underwire bra.  However, every plastic surgeon is different.  Please ask your plastic surgeon or his staff to get the best answer for you and your recovery.  Good luck!

Is it ok to not wear my sports bra at 3 weeks after breast augmentation?

You should  be able to go without the sports bra, for the party, at three weeks post-op.  Check with your plastic surgeon but you should be ok.  Good luck.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

General Post-Op Healing

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period.  There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences.   Sensation will be abnormal.  Scars will be changing. If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined. Hopefully by this point you are comfortable enough to remove your sports bra at night for sleep or other normal activities, but if you are having any questions or concerns about the healing process you should not hesitate to see your doctor in person. Best of luck!

Sports bra postop

Hello,  it is best to speak to your surgeon about their postop care advice, including use of the support bra.  In my practice, if a person wants to remove their bra for a few hours I am usually not concerned.  To my knowledge there is no strong evidence either for or against the use of support bras after surgery.

Bra Wear

Sure, I do not see why not !Have fun, just do not overdue it at the party because bleeding can still take place in the first 2-4 weeks. I have seen it happen.  The bra is not the key with this complication, it is over activity ( ie heart rate over 100) that I caution my patients to avoid in the first 4 weeks  Good Luck, J Vogel, MD

James Vogel, MD

Sports bra and implants

I think that you need to ask your surgeon his preference. SOme surgeons do not even require a specific bra to be worn post-op.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

Can I take off my sports bra for one night?

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your augmentation.  Though always best to ask your surgeon as they know the details of your procedure and recovery, it is likely fine to go without your sports bra for a few hours 3 weeks postop.  Best wishes.