What is possible for me specifically to achieve?I have not yet had an in person consultation. (photo)

I am looking into breast augmentation and I want to know if it's possible for me to have my breasts be larger (maybe one full cup size) and closer together (enough to have cleavage) without having the nipples moved?

In-Person Consulation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Your breast augmentation should be performed by a plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic #surgery/. You then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you want without the need for a revision surgery.
Which is why it is imperative you select a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience with breast augmentation and the incision type, implant placement, and implant type. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your #BreastAugmentation.
Aside from checking #board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

As much as it's important to know what size bra you currently wear, the strap size is important to know as well. It affects the diameter of the cup and subsequently the diameter of the #breast implant that you choose. In my practice, about 15-20% of the patients are good candidates for silicone #shapedimplants.
This may provide some insight. If a woman wears a size 36 AB bra and would like to be a C cup, which is the average size that women wear and the average size bra that is sold, she needs a volume of approximately 350 to 390 cc to make that change. This becomes less if she's wearing a 34 bra, because it has a smaller strap size and the cups have a smaller diameter. A smaller diameter implant would then be a volume of approximately 300 to 350 cc. In the same way if she was more petite, maybe a double zero or size one and wore a 32 AB bra, then to become a 32C cup she would only require about 250 to 300 cc. The profile is determined by the amount of projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the size of the implant and size of your chest.
Other factors which contribute to the outcome are #size, #shape, and #profile.

The #profile is determined by the amount of #projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the #size of the implant and size of your chest. Also, the placement or incision location will also have an effect on profile.

Your Plastic Surgeon will measure you to determine the best shape, size and placement of the #implants to be used. Lastly, another important element to a satisfying result of your #augmentation is realistic #expectations.

Breast augmentation right for you?

From your photos you appear to be a great candidate for a breast augmentation. Breast augmentation is the surgical placement of breast implants to increase fullness and projection of the breasts or to improve symmetry of the breasts. Clinically referred to as augmentation mammaplasty, the procedure is used cosmetically to:

• Enlarge a naturally small breast, most commonly the result of heredity
  • Restore breast volume lost following pregnancy, as a result of breast-feeding or due to weight loss
  • Achieve better symmetry when breasts are moderately disproportionate in size and shape
Next Step is to schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

- Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS, MBA
Weniger Plastic Surgery
(843) 757-0123

What is possible for me specifically to achieve?I have not yet had an in person consultation.

By the photos, you are an excellent breast augmentation candidate. Your next step is to see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your particular case. Best of luck!

Janet Woodyard, MD

Breast augmentation, what can i achieve?

Thank you for your question. You appear to be a great candidate for a breast augmentation. The keys are to fill out the upper and lower parts of the breast with the right implant and to place it in a way that looks relatively natural. The technique that best achieves this is a Dual plane technique, where the implant is below the muscle in the superior pole of the breast, and the lower portion of the muscle is released to allow the implant to fill the lower pole of the breast. This covers the implant sufficiently while allowing it to be in an ideal position and fill the breast envelope beautifully.
Location of the incision, location of the implant, type of implant, and size are all critical questions for women who choose breast augmentation. The common denominator to the most beautiful breasts is that they were sized objectively on the basis of measurements. Many surgeons use a proven formula based on measurements of the rests and chest along with through discussions of patient's desires. Photos of ideal breasts and results from patients with similar breasts are often very helpful in the discussion.
Plastic surgeons are trained differently and have varying levels of experience and so the key is to work with a Board Certified plastic surgeon with expertise and experience in breast augmentation.

Not yet had in person consultation

Thank you for your question and photos.  You would be an excellent candidate for a breast augmentation.  One full cup size generally is equivalent to 200cc.  Best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person consultation.  I wish you good luck.

Choosing an Implant Size

Thanks for your question and pictures.  You look like a great candidate for breast augmentation surgery.  Go ahead and make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your wishes and post-operative goals.  Communication is key with any type of plastic surgery so chose a surgeon you feel comfortable talking with.

Wishing you all the best,
Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation: It's possible for you to get nice results

I believe it is possible for you to get a very nice result and a cup size bigger with any approach; above or below the pectoral muscle with silicone gel implants or below the pectoral muscle with saline implants. My preference for a more natural look would be either silicone gel or saline below or behind the pectoral muscle (dual plane) through an inframammary incision. Implants don't bring breasts closer together, but you will have more volume, a fact which will make it easier for you to create cleavage in clothes, like the sample pictures you posted. To see before and after photos of women similar to you, click on the link below. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." Best of luck to you.

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

What is possible for me specifically to achieve?

You should do fine with a C cup as a final result. The picture you referenced with the  bathing suit showed a small space between the breasts that is normal.  You should not try to make them more narrow. See a board certified plastic surgeon for specific advice. Good luck.

Robert Graper, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

BA goals

Absolutely!
You have nice-sized and shaped breasts. Augmentation will increase fullness and amplify cleavage. In your office visit you will undergo sizing and get a good idea of what results will be with specific implant sizes.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

For the best answer consult your local surgeon

Good afternoon.

Breast augmentation can and will make your breasts larger but the cleavage is limited by your body's existing anatomy. It can be improved slightly but it is best to have an in-person exam with your preferred plastic surgeon. S/he will be able to give you a more precise answer.

Norman M. Rowe, MD