What size butt implants for my butt and is it safe due to two medical questions? (Photos)

I'm getting butt implants, Im 5'9 & my torso is long. I have a large hip to butt ratio & a lot of "back" before the butt starts. My hip bones are wide, I would like to have an hour glass- projected bubble butt. What size and shape would be best? I am scared of infection (I have no medical condition) I am prone to staph infections. Is it smart for me to do implants knowing I'm prone to infection? Secondly, I have drank one energy everyday for the past 2 years, does that make surgery dangerous?

Buttock augmentation

The size of your buttock implant is determined between you and your surgeon at the time of your preoperative exam.  Your surgeon will take your measurements and with that determine the optimal size for your implants.  You would probably have a wonderful results with an AART style 3 size 2 implant.  From the photos I can estimate that's what I would use on you. Be sure to choose a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in buttock implants and has an extensive photo gallery. 

Size of implant safe for you

The size of implant that is ideal for you is determined by measuring your buttocks cheek width and not based on your height, weight, etc. I like to leave 2 cm medially and not encroach on the lateral cheek dimple; avoiding these two areas ensures avoidance of implant extrusion and feeling the edge of your implant. Please see examples below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Butt implants

Dear Nticki,

Thanks for submitting your pictures. Based on your pictures ,the information that you provided about yourself and my experience of performing butt implant surgery on well over 500 patients, you will be most satisfied from 660 cc oval round , ultra soft silicone implants. Only the sub fascial  technique will accommodate  such large size implants. 

You have to realize that not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So, do your due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely, so you will not be disappointed or have to redo the surgery.

Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice 'S' curve, nice hips curves, nice projection and natural look.

As far as your being prone to staph infection, get clearance from your infectious disease specialist and bring to the consultation the staph culture and sensitivity form , so the correct antibiotics will be given to you.

Dr Widder

Buttock implant sizing

If for some reason your immune system is compromised (ie low) truly making you "prone to infections" than any elective surgery should be postponed until this is further investigated. On the other hand, i have performed buttock implants on probably over 50 patients with stable HIV infection and they have all done very well. Please read on for implant sizing details:

In short, a combination of sculpting your waistline with liposuction and augmenting your buttock with implants provides the best chance for a long lasting "hour-glass" figure. Please read on for more surgical details:

Regarding buttock augmentation, let me start off by saying that I currently see at least 2 - 3 patients per week, from around the world, that failed "brazilian buttock lift" (i.e. the fat melted away after 10 - 12 months) and are now seeking a more reliable and permanent option (i.e. buttock implants). 

One of the most important factors in creating the perfect derriere with implants is indeed selecting the right size AND shape. I have found the best way to assure this is to simply measure the actual dimensions of the patient’s buttock cheeks. With these anatomical measurements, I can select an implant that not only significantly augments the buttock but also supplies the correct 3-dimensional enhancement to look as real as possible...even in the most petite patients. Traditionally, teardrop oval implants have a 30+% risk of rotation and thus unnaturally change the buttock shape/appearance when doing so.  However i have recently created and patented a new "Stanton Anatomic" shaped implant that avoids this issue. The benefit of this is the fact that ~80% of women patients have more of an oval shaped buttock cheek than round, thus creating a much more natural and harmonious buttock contour. Thus, the only way for you to know what implant works best is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon specializing in this procedure and have him/her take your measurements before selecting an implant and proceeding with surgery. 
The largest stock buttock implant currently available in the USA is a 690cc round implant. For the implant brand i prefer and my Stanton Anatomic Oval implants, the largest is 600cc. Indeed custom implants can be ordered larger, not only at a premium price but at a premium risk for most patients'. Unlike breast implants which are placed under the very expandable tissue of the breast and half of the pectoral major muscle, buttock implants should only be placed under or at least within the largest strongest muscle of the body, the gluteus maximus muscle, which is not nearly as expandable or forgiving. Thus most patients simply do not have a large enough native buttock muscle to fit an implant much over 500 ccs', without leading to significant complication such as wound breakdown/opening &/or implant exposure...necessitating removal. If a patient wants larger implants, 9-12 months after the initial implants have settled in to place and the muscle relaxed/stretched, then a second operation can be performed to replace them (similar to the process of going bigger with breast implants).   

Be aware, the "subfascial" space that is sometimes talked about is not a real potential space to place a buttock implant. It is essentially the same as a subcutaneous pocket (ie on top of the muscle/under the skin and fat layer only) and therefore should be avoided at all costs.

Some of those sought after video-vixen and celeb-types (without mentioning names) with cartoonish bottoms could have either gotten extremely lucky with a huge oversized implant (very unlikely if properly placed under the muscle), had a very large volume of filler injected such as silicone, PMMA, Sculptra, or hydrogel - all NOT recommended because of high risk of severe infections, migration and/or hardening over time,  and even deadly consequences in rare but significant instances (if mistakenly injected into the blood stream); and/or have been genetically "blessed" - although quite unlikely.
I generally do not recommend fat grafting at the same time as placing buttock implants because of a significantly increased risk of infection. For fat to survive it must be grafted into muscle, however that is also where the implant sits. Thus, if fat it injected into the implant or implant pocket then it will die and almost assuredly get infected - necessitating removal of the implant as well. Fat transfer later on must be done very carefully and cautiously, preferably by the original surgeon, for the very same reasons as above. In both instances, the risk/reward ratio is very high (meaning high risk to very low potential reward) because over 80% of the fat is likely to melt away yielding very small gains in augmentation. 
Nonetheless, buttock implants are a proven safe and effective method of buttock augmentation as long as the recommendations of a board certified plastic surgeon specialist are adhered to.
Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD

Buttock Implant

Buttock Implant is chosen after physical examination and discussion of your desired look and evaluation of the soft tissue coverage as well as the measurements of the buttock.

In some pictures you seem to have some fat in the flank area, may be liposuction of that area will accentuate your curves.

Need to investigate why you say you are prone to infection. There are measures that can be taken before surgery to minimize the risk of infection. That will be discussed in details during the consultation.

Putting the implant under the muscle will decrease the risk of infection along with pre-operative and post-operative care

Choosing buttock implants

Choosing the right size buttock implants for you requires a thorough exam in person.   Best to be evaluated in person.