In search of a surgeon who can perform all of these facial procedures at once: forehead reduction, brow lift, lip lift? (Photos)

In order to cut down on recovery time, I am looking for a surgeon who is *experienced* in all five of these procedures at once or on consecutive days: 1. hairline lowering (2 cm) with 2. brow lift (6mm) 3. lip lift (10 mm) 4. cheek augmentation by fat transfer (very slight; I'm guessing maybe 1.5 mls per cheek), which necessitates 5. liposuction Any advice or leads are appreciated. So far I have only discovered 2 in the US, and their portfolios are limited (willing to travel overseas).

Performing Multiple Facial Procedures at the Same Time

If you plan on doing all of these procedures, it would be foolish not to do them all at the same time so you have one surgery, anesthetic, and recovery. I am a strong advocate of specialization; if the liposuction is on the face I would do this with the other facial procedures but if you are considering body liposuction I have another plastic surgeon in our clinic who specializes in body work and would do the liposuction during the same operation.

In search of a surgeon

• In patients with a high forehead and brow ptosis, "hairline lowering" and browlift are both accomplished with a pretrichial browlift (the incision placed at the hairline).
  • A lip lift can be performed concurrently. 10mm looks and sounds excessive.
  • Fat tansfer can be performed concurrently. The cannula used to harvest fat for transfer to the face is different than that used for body sculpting and doesn't alter the abdomen or thigh by itself. 1.5mL/cheek is a very small amount. Keep in mind that 80% of the fat persists long-term.
There are many talented surgeons who can and do perform these procedures all over the country. I can think of 2 as well as myself just in Sarasota. Seek out a couple of consultations with reputable Facial Plastic or general Plastic surgeons (who have experience in face work).
Best wishes!  Harry V. Wright MD, Sarasota, Florida

Harry V. Wright, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Multiple facial procedures performed simultaneously

It is possible to perform multiple surgical procedures at the same setting which allows for one anesthetic and one recovery period.    In our practice, the body liposuction is performed by our board certified plastic surgeon, while the facial work is performed by our board-certified facial plastic surgeon.  A hairline lowering procedure is only performed when there is a low eyebrow position and a brow lift is performed at the same time

Brow Lift and Lip Lift

Thank you for your question. It would be prudent to do these surgeries at the same time. You would benefit from a lower cost of medicine and operating time as well as a shorter combined recovery time. Many surgeons - including me - are capable at performing these surgeries in combination. You should judge a surgeon by their expertise, specifically the number of each surgery performed overall and per year, their training/education, their level of board certification (single/double), patient satisfaction vis-à-vis patient testimonials, and before and after photos. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Multiple facial procedures

A thorough examination would need to be performed to ultimately determine what would be the best procedures to give the result you are looking for. These procedures are commonly performed together. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. I highly recommend you be evaluated with an in-person consultation to obtain the best advice.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD