Scheduled to get 325cc high profile overs on aug 30. Is that enough time to drop by my Nov 18 wedding? (photos)

I am 5'8" with a wide chest size and enough breast tissue that my ps feels comfortable with overs. We discussed 300-325 with an Areopagus reduction. I know the recovery time with overs is lower but will they look natural enough almost 3 months later? I can't decide what to do!

Sub-glandular Breast Augmentation

I agree with your surgeon, from your photos, that approach appears to be best for you.  Placing the implants over the muscle will provide a nice lift with less scarring.You should be looking great by November, good luck!

Recovery after Breast Augmentation and Lift

From your pictures, you appear to also need a lift. Even with that, you should be recovered by a week or so to do most of what you wish other than jarring the breasts. Your question about the implants dropping is something I do not understand, since, if the procedure is done correctly, your implants should be in the proper place immediately after the procedure. If they "need to drop" the surgeon simply did not dissect the pocket properly and they may not be properly placed ever without some revision.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Scheduled to get 325cc high profile overs on aug 30. Is that enough time to drop by my Nov 18 wedding?

Thank you for your question.  The 3 months should be adequate time for recovery following breast augmentation.Based on your photo you have mammary ptosis or sagging in the nipple appears to be below the inframammary crease.  Because of this is likely that she will need a breast lift in addition to implants.  Placing implants under the breast with sagging with little breast tissue to cover the implant could result in a snoopy deformity  or possibly more visible implants with an increased risk of capsular contracture.  Please seek a second plastic surgery opinion that based on your photos  a combination breast lift and submuscular augmentation may well be her best option.  Her more information please read below:

3 months is enough time for recovery and settling after augmentation but I would  strongly caution against getting implants on top of the muscle as there are far more disadvantages than advantages to having implants on top the muscle. You can always get a second or third opinion before proceeding as you should feel comfortable with your decisions. If you are having difficulty deciding on a course of action, you may do better to have surgery later on after the wedding and with the support of your spouse. Congratulations!

Janet Woodyard, MD

Breast implant falling

first of all congrats! That's exciting! Yes 3 months is enough to have most of the falling of the implant. I often use textured silicone on the above muscle plane. If one uses textured then there is not much falling that happens. Double check that with your plastic surgeon. If it is a smooth implant than no worries. Enjoy your big day and you will look great! Best wishes.

Breasts augmentation with mini lift

Dear Emmy.    Thanks for submitting your pictures. From observing your pictures, you appear to be small A cup size with level 2 ptosis and very large areolas.      I have been in practice for over 29 years and performed breasts augmentation surgery on thousands  of patients. I would not have done breasts augmentation without a mini lift (donut, Benneli ) on you, because it will be an unhappy compromise . Your ptosis will worsen and your areolas will stretch and get larger. If your surgeon will lower the crease significantly, in order to give you the impression  of perky breasts, it will position you breast too low on your chest , which is not youthful and you run the risk of double bubble, because the stretching of the creases is unpredictable.    As far as implants size selection, you did not provide you chest circumferemce measurement in inches , which is critical  for the correct implants size selection.  If you are currently 34 small A cup size, 325 cc implants will bring you to  34 small C cup or if your chest circumference is 36 inches, you will become 36 full B cup.    In regard to implants settling down, the most efficient way to help you in that regard for the wedding on 11/18, is implants displacements massage. It takes 2-3 months for the implants to settle down, however , smaller implants settle down faster.   Remember that not all result are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. It is especially important due to your wedding, so, due your due diligence and choose your surgeon wisely.   Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.                                       Best of luck,                                                          Dr Widder

BA recovery

Thank you for your question and photographs and congratulations on your upcoming wedding day!In my opinion, your breasts should be settled into a more final shape and position 2 ½ months post op. There still may be some swelling but they should start dropping and looking more natural by this point. Keep in mind, this is if no complication arise. There are always potential risks associated with any cosmetic surgery. I recommend following your surgeons post-operative care instructions and if you have any questions or concerns to see him for an examination so he can take care of it immediately. 
Best of luck in your endeavors and on your wedding day!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

"Time to drop" for breast augmentation

Congratulations on your engagement!  I think you have just enough time before your wedding to allow things to have mostly settled. Typically I tell my patients that by three months after surgery, what they have is the end result.
From your photos, you appear to have a mild tuberous breast deformity - which is a condition that results in slightly narrow breasts with large areolas coloured portion around the nipple) and some breast droop (ptosis).  You are also a little bit asymmetrical (which most women are).  I imagine that you have had this discussion with your plastic surgeon, and that might explain the decision to place the implants above muscle.  The periareolar lift also allows your surgeon the opportunity to decrease the size of your areolas. The implant range that you have selected sounds reasonable.  Hopefully you will have an excellent ersult and be well-healed in time for your wedding!  Good luck!

Kirsty Boyd, MD, FRCSC
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.  You are allowing approximately 3 months of recovery time which should be adequate for you to have a nice look for your big day.  Just a note, when having alterations done on your gown, remember that your breasts will be swollen and distorted immediately after surgery.  Best to have final alterations done on the breast portion of your gown closer to your wedding date.

Camille Cash, MD

Healing time

It is likely that you will be well healed by November if you have it done soon.  Yes, some sort of reduction is probably necessary.