Would rhinoplasty or a lip lift help to feminize my face a bit? (Photo)

I have always felt that I have slightly masculine features, and i've definitely always disliked my nose (people have made comments about it my whole life) and that my upper lip is small and disappears especially when I smile. Would a lip lift help this? Would rhinoplasty be a better option if I were to go with one before the other? Which procedures tend to have the most impact on a face?

Rhinoplasty vs. Lip Lift

Unfortunately one picture alone can not provide a complete assessment of your face. But the front view picture suggests that a rhinoplasty would be a far more important change than the lip lift. Do the rhinoplasty first and then consider the lip lift.

Feminizing the face

It appears as though you're spot on, but I would recommend both!  A rhinoplasty could make your nose more narrow along the bridge and I could narrow your nasal tip to make it appear more feminine.  Also, fillers for your lips could give them more fullness without actually cutting on them and making scars.  Both procedures could be done together and the recovery is about a week.

Thank you for your question!

Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty

You need clinical photographs which, at the minimum should  include full lateral views, at repose and one smiling.
 By viewing the front view, your nose is wide,  without delicacy or tip refinement, characteristic of feminine noses.
A proper rhinoplasty can address those issues.

Also, consult a good make up artist and a hair stylist for maximum effect.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

One photo of a frontal view is not enough to evaluate your nose. you will need to be seen in person to get a good idea of what you might need.

Face

I would recommend a rhinoplasty to refine your tip and narrow your bridge.  A feminine delicate nose shape will help significantly.  I would also recommend fat grafting to add malar (upper cheek) volume and lip volume and correct slight circles in the lower eyelids.  

Feminizing the Face

It is hard to see all your facial features from this one photo, but the nose is very important in making a face appear feminine. A large nose is a masculine trait, and can detract from the female form. Fortunately we can achieve this for most people. The long upper lip can also be a distraction. There are lip shortening procedures available, but the use of these is less common due to some scars along the base of the nose. In order to see exactly what would work we would need to see you for a consultation.

Ira D. Papel, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial feminization surgery?

The nose is more important by far in feminizing your face based on my 35 years of facial feminization. I would need to see a complete set of photographs as described on my website and those of others to give you a better answer as to what specifically you would need. Without these it's just a guess. Look for an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon whose results look natural. 

Face feminization

megleigh, It's important for you to know that we can only tell you so much based on a photo or even a series of good photos. So in general you are better off seeing an experienced surgeon that does "only faces" to get a good opinion. However I would hazard a guess that you could benefit from a rhinoplasty, not a lip lift (perhaps a little filler). Consider cheek implants or filler to try this look out! Search the Internet. Look for lots of good photos on the surgoens site, specialization in "only faces", and years of experience. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly--this can help the appearance of your upper lip. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Closed rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD