Post op tummy tuck, belly button. Can this be fixed? (Photo)

3 weeks post op abdominoplasty w/liposuction. PS said belly button was not like this when he dressed it at time of surgery. Apparently, within 2 days it became twisted, overlapped and did not look at all like a belly button. He said that I would have to go back to surgery, open the same incision and try to repair this....very depressing thought. But, I am trying to stay positive and wait for the swelling to go down. I would appreciate any suggestions from the doctors on this site. Thank you.

Twisted Belly Button 2 days Post Op....

My first thought is WOW!  I agree with your surgeon, The only way to fix this is to re-do the surgery!  Not sure how this could have changed in 2 days to look like this, but!........     I it can be corrected!   Definitely talk with your Plastic Surgeon!   Or....  get another opinion!Also, there is no need for the vertical incision!   This can easily be removed!Don't give up!  Talk to your Plastic Surgeon!  Get more information and a second opinion!

Belly button dissatisfaction

Hello there,Thank you for your question. I am truly sorry about your results but am happy you are trying to stay positive. It will take about 6 months to a year for you to fully recover. You should wait until then to see if any positive changes occur. However, your current results are abnormal and you will most likely have to undergo another procedure. Make sure you are keeping the area clean so it does not get infected and take care of yourself while the area is healing. Just give it some time and do not worry because it can be fixed. I hope this helps and good luck to you and your future endeavors.
 I hope this helps.James Fernau, MD, FACS
Aesthetic Surgery
CERTIFIED: American Board of Plastic Surgery
CERTIFIED: American Board of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS)
              American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
              International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
              American Academy of Facial Plastic Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)
              American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery (AAOHNS)
              American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS)
              The Rhinoplasty Society Phone: 412-446-0391 Fax: 412-446-0391

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon