Is it possible to make my vagina look like I never had sex? (Photos)

Is it possible to make my upper part of my vagina, clit & the middle of my vagina inner lips that are stretched out look as if I never had sex? P.s. All the help messaging me personally would be great please thank you.

Vaginal appearance

There is nothing about the appearance of your genitalia that would indicate that you have had sexual activity.  If there are specific aspects  about your appearance that bother you, you can explore having a labiaplasty procedure.  My recommendation is to seek a consultation from a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced with labiaplasty procedures.  Best wishes to you!

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Is it possible to make my vagina look like I have never had sex?

Dear Amy,

Thank you for writing in and sharing your question and photos. 

First, I would like to reassure you that your external anatomy is normal and does not portray sexual activity.  Changes due to sexual activity can often affect the look and size of the vaginal opening, not the labia minora and clitoral hood skin.

The labia minora start to develop during puberty when the breasts are stimulated to grow, and can become longer, darker and uneven.  Irritation or trauma can contribute to changes in the size of the labia as well.  Many teenagers start to become uncomfortable as the extra tissue can interfere with exercise and activities, wearing certain clothes and underwear, hygiene, and later, can be pulled or chafed during sexual intercourse.  The extra skin can cause body image concerns like you describe and affect confidence and self-esteem because of feeling different from ones peers, and not being able to do normal routine things without being uncomfortable.

Often when one has larger labia minora, there are extra folds of skin around the clitoral hood.  These can cause problems with access, hygiene and can be an appearance concern due to asymmetry or discoloration.

You have not mentioned any comfort or functional issues, only appearance, related to the size of your labia and clitoral hood skin.

There are two main types of Labia Minora reduction:  the traditional edge-reducing technique (trims off the darker, thicker edges) and the edge-preserving techniques, that remove a wedge from the middle or lower portion of the labia and maintain the color and texture of the labial edge.  It is very important to find a surgeon (cosmetic-plastic gynecologist, uro-gynecologist or plastic surgeon) who has extensive experience with more than one technique, and who has done hundreds of labiaplasties and clitoral hood reductions.  Most Ob/Gyns do not have the training to perform labiaplasty surgery.  Be sure to see lots of before and after pictures, ask how they address possible complications after surgery and find out about the pre-op and post-op care  they provide.

For more information on labiaplasty, please visit the link below.

I hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Troy R. Hailparn, MD, FACOG

Cosmetic Gynecology Center of San Antonio

Troy Hailparn, MD
San Antonio OB/GYN

I want to look as if I've never had sex

Hello Amy,

Thank you for your post with photos. As a urogynecologist, I can't tell by these photos alone if you've had sex, which means neither would any potential partners. Large labia, for the most part, have nothing to do with having had 1 or even 100 partners.

It seems that you are bothered by the large labia and clitoral hood which does give a stretched out appearance. Please do not feel guilty or ashamed of your previous sexual activities nor think that they are the cause of your labial anatomy. I've performed labiaplasty procedures on many virginal women with larger labia than yours.

The third photo shows hymenal tissue protruding through the vaginal opening. On exam I'd be able to determine and confirm that you have had intercourse since this would lead to a disruption of the hymen. Many women, for religious reasons, seek hymenal restoration or hymenoplasty, to restore the hymen in order to bleed on their wedding night. If this does not apply to you then reducing the protruding hymenal tissue at the time of your in-office Labiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction with Clitoropexy could be performed.

Please see link below to review an extensive photo gallery as well as patient testimonials.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Is it possible to make my vagina look like I never had sex?

Thank you for sharing your excellent questions and photographs.  There is a wide range of "normal" for a woman's anatomy and yours falls well within it.  I do not think your appearance is related to sexual experience but based on your narrative you can improve upon your areas of concern by reducing the size of your labia minora and clitoral hood tissue.  The tissue present within your vagina are remnants of your hymenal ring and are normal findings. I would recommend seeing a series of labiaplasty surgeons in consultation for the best treatment advice so that you can maximize your desired outcome. Hope that this helps.

Labiaplasty & lateral prepuce reduction

Dear Ms Kotras:

Thanks for sharing your photos and questions. It sounds as though you would like a reduction of your labia to make it appear more streamline, before I discuss that I want to make sure you understands that most people do not equate protruding labia minora to number of sexual encounters. 

You are certainly a candidate for a labiaplasty and lateral prepuce reduction.. It appears you labia minora which protrude beyond the labia majora. In my 2011 study over 3.5 years: Postoperative Cosmetic Expectations for Patients Considering Labiaplasty Surgery: Our Experience with 550 Patients. Thats 550 patients in 3.5 years and I have been performing labiaplasties for 16 years. I learned from this study  99% of women wanted their labiaplasty not protruding after the labiaplasty surgery----this was their post operative expectation.  Though this is NOT always achievable it is achievable in most patients. This is the art of the surgery and it really is based upon your anatomy and surrounding structures such as the labia majora and clitoris and clitoral hood.  I might also recommend you have your lateral prepuce reduced - this is the skin on each side of the clitoral hood.  

1) Labia minora reduction - the two most common techniques are linear resection and a wedge resection. based upon your photos and you desires I would recommend a linear resection. Each surgeon has their own technique and their technique coupled with artistic talent is what gives a woman their results.  Based upon my study above  99% of  the caucasian woman ( of which I assume you are based upon your photos--  though i might be wrong) wanted their labia reduced so they no longer protruded beyond the majora and 99% preferred a lighter skin color i.e. pink versus dark.  Of  course I would ask you personally on what you hope to achieve as you might not be in agreement to 99% of caucasian women. My partner and I, Dr. Robert Moore have a 97% satisfaction rate after performing a labiaplasty - this means 97 out of 100 patients are happy with their  results.

2) Lateral prepuce reduction ( can be seen on my website) - which is the extra layer of tissue lateral to the clitoral hood known as the prepuce.  Obviously this is again your decision, but it has been my experience that patients get a better cosmetic results if when they have lateral prepuce it is reduced concurrently with the labia reduction. 

Do not choose the cheapest or closest surgeon choose a surgeon with experience.  I encourage you to follow this website everyday for 2 weeks and note how many patients are upset and angry with the results of their labiaplasties supposedly done by experienced board certified surgeons.  Board certification doesn't mean you have experience doing surgery on the vulva/vagina.  Board certification is not given on ones ability to perform surgery only ones ability to take a written exam.  BTW I am board certified in gynecology and urogynecology.

To answer your final questions about your 3rd photo - what you are looking at are the remnants of the hymenal ring specifically what is left over from when you had your first sexual encounter.  The remnants are also known as hymenal caruncles.

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Is it possible to make your vagina look like you never had sex?

There is a trend to have less prominent labia, but this is a matter of choice and there are no medical reasons to do so other than improving your appearance down there. Candidates for a Labiaplasty procedure are women who are concerned about the appearance of their labia or experience discomfort due to exceptionally large or long labia of either the inner our outer lips. Labia unevenness can result in discomfort with intimate contact, chronic rubbing, as well as psychological discomfort, which leads to the inability to wear certain types of tight clothing. Most women live with these symptoms, and actually are not even aware that a certain surgical procedure exists to help to correct this problem and restore their femininity.

Sex doesn't change the appearances of your vulva

as the consensus of surgeons here attest to.  But you can 'tidy up' the appearances if you wish to do that with labiaplasty and possibly a hood reduction.  As for the whitish mass in your vault, an exam would be needed to determine if that was remnants of your hymen, the normal undulations of your vault, or something else.

Curtis Wong, MD

There are many women who have never had sex who look just like you

Sex doesn't change the appearance of the labia or of the clitoris. The only difference between a virgin and a woman who has had sex is the presence of an intact hymen. If you don't like the appearance of the clitoral hood or labia minora, these can be reduced for aesthetic reasons, but you'll look no different than women who have or haven't had sex. If you want your hymen restored, the procedure is called a hymenoplasty.

It impossible for me and colleagues to determine whether you have had a lot or no sex with your photos.   That's important because if we can't tell then I can promise no else can either.   Besides lots of lots sex does not stretch out your labias.

Make a long story short, if this bothers you and you want to change the overall appearance, then find someone with lots of experience in cosmetic gynecology and go for it :)

Best of luck.