Can morbid obese young woman have a Brazilian Butt Lift?

I understand that many doctors refuse to perform cosmetic surgery on morbidly obese persons. However would I still be able to get a Brazilian butt lift at 300lbs even if I sign a waiver and request it? I have always had low self esteem due to my lack of shape. I am very top heavy, with a flat behind. I'm not looking to have a flat stomach just to transfer fat so i can look proportional and finally fit into a dress nicely.

Obesity and Surgery

Thank you for your question. It is not that we don't want to do the surgery. With obesity, there are more risks of elective surgery and a BBL requires a flip in the operating room which can also be risky when dealing with a heavier patient. It is simply just not safe regardless of your willingness to sign a waiver. I recommend you meet with a nutritionist, personal trainer and even a weight loss doctor before pursuing elective plastic surgery. It is a better approach in the long run. Best wishes.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

Thank you for your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

The name says it all Morbid Obesity means that your health condition is very poor. Plastic Surgery is an elective surgery for healthy patients. You should not put your life in danger for an aesthetic procedure. What you may do is undergo a Massive Weight Loss Surgery, this will get you into a better health, improve your self steem and will allow you to undergo a reconstruction of you Body Contour after the weight loss.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

BBL and morbid obesity

If you are morbidly obese, then surgery is a very high risk.  It is best to lose weight first before undergoing the procedure. Best of luck.

Thank you for your question! 

As other surgeons have answered.. no morbidly obese person is a good candidate for elective surgery besides weight loss surgery. There are far too many risks involving your life to preform an elective surgery on you being morbidly obese. Consult with a local weight loss (bariatric) surgeon in your area. This will be your first step to help you feel more comfortable in your own skin and having a safe and beneficial BBL procedure.  
I wish you the best of luck!

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss before surgery

Morbidly obese patients are not considered good candidates for any elective cosmetic procedures. You may consider consulting with a general surgeon that specializes in bariatric procedures (weight loss surgery) instead. There are too many risks to have surgery if you are morbidly obese.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Your first step with the information given should be to loose weight in order to be at good BMI so that you are healthy for a procedure.  Your BMI should be at 32 . You need to loose a little bit of weight and you should be fine. A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.  Thank you for your question .

Rami Ghurani, MD