How long should you wait to have sex after mommy makeover, breast augmentation, lipo, and abdominoplasty?

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to specific information/advice. He/she knows exactly what was done and how you are progressing. Concerns would include an increase in heart rate and the potential for bleeding. Muscle spasm may be painful. Obviously, significant pressure on the surgical site is not a good idea either. It is not uncommon for patients to report increased swelling that occurs after vigorous exercise (including sexual activity), even several months after surgery.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Sex after mommy makeover

A good rule is about 4 to 6 weeks depending on how your recovery process is going.  I tell my patients to start out gently and in certain positions to see how the body is reacting.  If it hurts then stop.  You can follow up with your PS and ask him/her.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover - Safe to resume physical activity?

Thank you for your question. I generally have my patients wait 4 - 6 weeks before resuming physical activity, including sex. It is best to ask your plastic surgeon as he or she is more familiar with your recovery. Hope this helps. 

Post op sex?

Ask your surgeon since he or she knows your case best. Typically, I ask my patients to wait 4-6 weeks post Mommy Makeover before having sex. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

How long after a mommy makeover should you wait to have sex?

Thank you for your question.  Always best to address this with your surgeon as they know the details of your procedure as well as your healing rate, but most patients wait four weeks before resuming any intimacy to allow their results to heal.  Occasionally patients will still find some soreness, pain, or discomfort, and in these cases best to wait 6 weeks. Hope this helps.

Sex- BA,lipo

Basically I tell women that they can return to sexual activity when they are comfortable. After breast augmentation we want to protect the incisions and avoid external trauma for the first three weeks or so, and then be relatively careful with everything until everything is really settled at two months. So, basically, take it slow and if it hurts, stop... No restrictions after two months.

Sex after mommy makeover

Patients ask this question all the time. I usually tell my patients at minimum four weeks. Then if everything is healed and you feel ready it's ok to start gently. Let your body be your guide and if you have any discomfort, it's too soon. Your partner has to be understanding and careful. 

Sex after surgery

The typical time is around 4 weeks depending upon the actual surgeries done, but I would defer the exact time to your plastic surgeon.

Mommy make-over - when can sex resume

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • This may be hard for your partner but it is essential that there be an agreement to no sex and no request for sex for 6 weeks from the day of your surgeon.
  • With your surgeon's approval, you may be able to resume sex earlier
  • But the worst thing that can happen is a partner pressuring a woman too early for sex -
  • I have seen this several times lead women to have sex before they are ready and experience muscle pain and spasm that sets back the recovery.
  • Both the chest and abdomen muscles will be affected in your mommy make-over
  • It is easier for a partner to have sex earlier than expected than to be told to wait longer than expected.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Sex

The short answer, have sex when it actually feels good.  If it hurts, don't do it.    Jane