Can larger, multicolored tattoos such as this be eliminated with the PicoSure laser technology available today? (Photo)

I have large, multi-color tattoos on my arm I would like to have removed. I am rather pale with a very healthy lifestyle and immune system. I would like to think the picosure can potentially remove these tattoos with enough patience over time. I will be attending law school soon and would like a cleaner look for my career. Any professional insight into the removal of this half sleeve will be appreciated.

PicoSure laser tattoo removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Picosure should successfully remove your tattoo but it will require time. Picosure applicator can be adjusted to three different wavelengths, such as 755, 1064, and 532. Therefore, it can successfully remove green, blue, red and black shades of ink. If white ink has been used for your shaded areas, this will be quite challenging to treat. I advise you to find experienced provider to discuss your options and create a treatment plan. Good luck! 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

PicoSure for tattoo removal

Thanks for your question and photos. The number of treatments you will need to fully remove your tattoo will depend on a number of factors such as the size of the tattoo, ink color and depth of the tattoo. Since PicoSure™ is one hundred times faster than any other laser on the market, you will require fewer sessions overall in order to achieve your desired results. Even dark blue and green inks – which are usually the most difficult to remove – can be effectively cleared with less treatment.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Laser Tattoo Removal

Thank you for your question. I would recommend a multi-wavelength Pico laser for a tattoo with multiple colors. The PiQo4 laser has 4 wavelengths making it possible to treat 96% of colors. Certain colors respond best to certain wavelengths. I have been practicing tattoo removal for almost 20 years and have 5 Pico wavelengths.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca