Labiaplasty price and availability in Maryland. Any suggestions?

I've been uncomfortable with my labia minora for so many years now. I'm looking for a plastic surgeon or OBGYN to perform a labia minora reduction under local anesthesia in Maryland, or close to Maryland, for under 2,000. Any recommendations? I just graduated college and am currently paying for grad school, I've been doing my best to save for this procedure but it's difficult right now. I can't wait any longer, I need this procedure done so I can finally feel comfortable in my own body

Find an expert, regardless of location

This is something you only want to do once. The cost of travel is about a $300 flight and some doctors have a free overnight stay at an adjacent hotel... Ahem...Find the expert first, regardless of where they may be. Not many plastic surgeons, and virtually NO gyn's know how to perform an extended wedge labiaplasty, which is superior in every way to an amputation procedure. Local anesthetic or IV sedation are the two most common approaches to labiaplasty in my practice. You deserve to feel good about yourself and feel comfortable and have confidence. $2000 is enough to easily set up financing, which can be very low and spread out over a year or two.

Labiaplasty

Labiaplasty has been around for a long time.  I have been performing this procedure for about 20yrs now.   Over the past 5-10 years it has gotten much more popular due to the internet.  I have performed this procedure under local as well as under sedation according to the patients preference.  Be sure to find a surgeon with experience with this procedure!   Cheaper is usually not better! 
 Find a good surgeon and I'm sure you will love the results.   Total cost is under $3500
Good Luck!  Dr M

Labialplasty Cost

Thanks for posting your question and congrats on grad school!

I would definitely not be searching for a bargain priced surgeon. Most surgeons who are well known for their work and results will be priced competitively. But the prices will be around 3-5k range. So save up or consider a financing option with the surgeon. 

Best of luck with your search and school!

Kurian Thott, MD
Fredericksburg OB/GYN

Labiaplasty prices

Labiaplasty prices will vary according to region , surgeon , whether the procedure is performed under local anesthesia or general anesthesia, and the extent of the procedure  . In my practice  labiaplasty is mostly performed under local anesthetic and patients do very well with it , the price under local anesthesia will be more cost effective for you . 

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty cost

The average cost of labiaplasty is between $3500-$5000 in almost all areas of the US.  Most good and great surgeons will be in this price range because they can perform this surgery well and can give you reproducible results that will be great.  Before you hunt for a discounted price please be sure to evaluate your surgeons results and make sure they are board certified and extremely experienced in this procedure.  Looking for a surgeon based on a bargain can lead you to a very bad result that will cost you more than money in the long run.  Try to look for financing if you want the procedure done before you have the funds to pay out right.  Many reputable practices such as ours offer several options via funding companies, loans, or simple credit card charges that may help you achieve your goals sooner.

Nikesh K. Patel, MD
Freehold Plastic Surgeon

Best suggestion: Save more, don't shop for bargain basement surgery

You will get what you pay for. A cheap botched labiaplasty is no deal at all. I recommend you continue to save or get a loan for the balance. Most offices offer financing with low monthly payments.