Can this keloid be removed? (Photo)

Can this keloid can be remove

Doctor Answers 4

Keloid scar treatment

Thanks for your question. Your best course of action would be to consult with a plastic surgeon. Keloids may be injected with steroid to reduce size, or they are sometimes surgically revised. 
Lisa Vuich, MD

Nashua Physician
4.7 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

Plato's Scar Serum for cutting scars

Application of Plato's Scar Serum can help smooth your scar. I would also suggest IIT and fractional lasers to help the scar. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Hypertrophic Scar/Keloid -- Pulsed Dye Laser/VBeam, 5fu/steroids, Fraxel/Viva, CO2, Aerolas

I would suggest an in person consultation with an expert for evaluation. Keloids and hypertrophic scarring should be treated in a combination approach with lasers along with steroid/5fu injections. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

Can this keloid be removed?

In the photo these DO NOT appears as keloids, but are spread hypertrophic scars. Either re excision with micro Botx edge injections or the re excision plus 3 days of SRT radio therapy will improve. Fees from $2,000 for just the first option to $6,000 for the second combination option.

Darryl J. Blinski, MD
Miami Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 174 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.