Juvaderm or Rhinoplasty what is best for my nose? (photos)

I really hate my nose as well as my deep lines under my eyes. My nostrils are very wide and I don't feel it's flattering. i would like more of a bridge and possibly getting my nostrils a tiny bit slimmer, I don't want anything too noticeable what is suggested?

Rhinoplasty decision

A reduction rhinoplasty to refine your tip and perhaps raise the bridge as well as narrow it along with some nostril width reduction will be the best option 

Filler vs. Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.  You would get the best result from rhinoplasty due to the tip work and nostril reduction.  This cannot be corrected with fillers, which are primarily used to help the profile or fill depressions.  I hope this helps. 

Raj P. TerKonda, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

Dear Kay,

Thanks for submitting your picture, though a side view picture would have been very helpful.  From observing your picture, you appears to have wide alar base and your tip is not defined. This can be improved significantly, yet in a very natural looking way, such,  that people will realize that there is a change in you but will not be able to figure out what took place. This will be done by narrowing the tip cartilages and suturing them in a square fashion , which will raise the tip and thin it out. Narrowing the alar base has to be done carefully and expertly, maintaining the natural curve of the ala which will avoid the surgical look

As far as the bridge height, Juvaderm or Restylane fillers are short term solution (6 months) , so I would not recommend them. The practical options that you have are either silicone implants or your own cartilage.

Based on my experience with African American noses, you probably will benefit from cartilage graft at the base of the columella. which will create a mild to moderate up turn appearance of your nose.

Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of Rhinoplasties in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly. check the before and after pictures , to make sure that they are attractive and natural looking.

Dr Widder

Alarplasty and Tip Plasty

Reducing the width of your nostrils (alarplasty) and defining the tip (tip plasty) will give you a natural looking nose that will fit your face. To build the bridge a dorsal implant can be used as well.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Surgery vs. Fillers

Fillers can be used off-label to camouflage small deformities by adding volume to the nose. The trade-off, however, is that you make the nose bigger. This procedure is best suited for people with small noses and small deformities that are looking for a temporary fix for a subtle problem. In contrast, a surgical rhinoplasty is a powerful procedure that adds, removes, or repositions tissue in the nose for better aesthetics. 

Ethnic noses are often wide and flat in the mid portion, lack a strong dorsal profile, lack tip refinement, and have significant flaring of the nostrils. The nose in the pictures you shared is no exception.

Fillers can be use to temporarily build up the dorsum. They have no effect, however, on the shape and flare of the nostrils. In contrast, a surgical rhinoplasty uses cartilage grafts to permanently raise the dorsum and, through incisions at the base of the nose, can correct the excess width and flare of the nostrils. 

A detailed examination and frank discussion will help delineate the best treatment to achieve your goals. Consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

Non surgical rhinoplasty

I love your eyes!  The issues that you have with the appearance of your nose and the changes that you would like to see to your nose I feel are more complex than what Juvederm injections can manage.  Non surgical rhinoplasty would certainly be able to address your nasal dorsum and even refine your nasal tip but a full surgical rhinoplasty would be necessary to address the appearance of your nostrils and the other issues can be managed concurrently.

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD, FACS
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvaderm or Rhinoplasty what is best for my nose?

Greetings

Thank you for your question and photo the best is for you to have Rhinoplasty which will give you longer lasting results. 

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Filler is Temporary

A filler such as Juvederm, that does not last a very long time, is a way to build up the bridge of the nose to see if you would like that as a permanent result. There are longer lasting fillers, such as Radiesse, that can build up your bridge for 1-2 years. However, there is no filler that can change the size or shape of your nostrils. Surgery would be required for that. Surgery would also be required for a permanent elevation of the bridge of your nose. I recommend you consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon and get good information on the problems you are seeking to address. Best of luck to you!

Nicholas Husni, MD, PhD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so that they can perform a nasal examination on you and give you the best recommendations. From what I can tell from your photographs, you may benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing along with an alarplasty which is the technique that is commonly used for nostril reduction. This procedure consists of making an incision on the inside or outside of the nostrils then removing a specific amount of tissue. A piece of your own cartilage can also be placed on the bridge of your nose to build it up and add more projection. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon