3 weeks post op from full breast lift with sub muscular modest silicone implants. I've developed two small open holes! (photos)

I'm 3 weeks post op and I'm healing well and taking care of myself. I've diligently followed my surgeons advice for post op care. I began massage of my scars recently as well as using silicone tape over incisions for most of the day and a scar gel my doctor recommended. This morning I noticed two small open holes at the incision intersections on both breasts. I'm awaiting my surgeons response but would appreciate your thoughts. How can I be proactive in ensuring they do not develop into larger wounds?

I've developed two small open holes!

Thank you for your question and photos!  Based on your photos, you appear to have a great result.  The small areas of separation can be normal and should improve with time. I would continue with your post-operative regimen given to you by your surgeon and follow up with them to discuss any further concerns.  Best wishes!

Dr. Tag

I've developed two small open holes!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dr. Tag

3 weeks post op from full breast lift with sub muscular modest silicone implants. I've developed two small open holes!

Your breast lift with implant results looked excellent,, congratulations.  The small areas that she noticed are simply de-epithelialization or loss of some skin cells which is very common following this procedure.  With proper wound care, cleansing and dressing changes these should heal fully in 2-3 weeks.  Of course follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Small holes

If they are superficial, and the implant isn't exposed, then they will often heal without any problem.  Best of luck.

Small holes

Breast lift postop healing

Hi and thank you for your questions and pictures.  You appear to have a very nice result so far and are healing as expected.  The small separation that you are seeing is not that uncommon after breast lift and/or reduction surgery.  These usually do not turn into bigger wounds but best to follow up with your surgeon as you are doing.  Best.

Breast lift postop healing

Minor healing issues after breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  From what I can see, you have a very nice result so far.  What you are experiencing is not uncommon after a breast lift or reduction.  When scars meet at the areola and vertical incision or the vertical incision and transverse incision under the breast are common areas to have some slow wound healing due to tension (tightness) and less blood flow in these locations.  Generally I would recommend some topical bacitracin antibiotic ointment and peroxide to help remove and crusting.  Best to check with your surgeon for their recommendations.  I expect you will continue to heal very nicely without any major issues.  Good luck. 

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well…
I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. Hugs!

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its too early to talk about results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its too early to talk about results.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD