I had a mommy makeover in May of this year and not satisfied with tummy tuck results. (Photo)

I got a tummy tuck with breast lift and implants high profile 550cc. What can be done to fix the side skin still remaining? Does the middle stomach look corrected? Breast look ok but don't look fully lifted sides of tummy still appear to have skin Can this tummy tuck be corrected?

When to Consider Revision Surgery to a Mommy Makeover

Your #healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #Augmentation or #AugmentationMastopexy procedure. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will also be changing.

But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. #Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit.
Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.
Healing after a  #tummytuck will also require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks.
Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation.The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. Also, another element to a satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations. It may be best to wait up to one year to consider #revision surgery.

Mommy Makeover

Without having pre-op photos with which to compare, hard to comment on your results. However, if you are still unhappy at the 6 month mark, schedule an appointment to speak with your surgeon about revision options. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Discussed dissatisfaction with a mommy makeover with your surgeon.

There is still some healing to go. Also you preoperative photographs are not included. There may be some benefit with the revision in the future. Discuss with your surgeon and be very particular about what it is you don't like. Remember that some of the skin that remains contain stretch marks it will compromise any result.

I had a mommy makeover in May of this year and not satisfied with tummy tuck results.

Thank you for your question.  A before photo would be helpful.  There will be skin laxity when sitting.  For your body habitus, you have a good result.  A revision can be perfomed after 6-12 months.  Discus your concerns with your surgeon.  Best Wishes.

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question and photos.  Without pictures of you before your surgery, it is difficult to assess the results of your surgery.  Please note though that sitting down will cause your belly to look "flabby", but this is natural.  When you stand up, the skin should flatten.  Losing weight after the tummy tuck and breast lift procedure can cause the results of the mommy makeover to be affected.  Please be seen in person by your operating surgeon to determine if a revision is warranted.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Unhappy with mommy make-over result.

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• I am sorry you are disappointed.
  • Everyone has excess skin sitting down (if we didn't, we couldn't stand up straight!)
  • Comparison with pre-op photos would help as well.
  • Overall, you result looks quite good.
  • You may need a liposuction and some more skin removed but an examination is necessary.
  • It is hard to just your breast lift from a photo - a lift doesn't give the breast the upper fullness that implants provide.
  • Why not discuss your concerns with your surgeon and see what might be done?
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Results after mommy makeover

It appears in your photos that you are sitting down. This angle will always make it appear or bunch up the remaining skin and fat much more than when standing. With that being said I would try to evaluate your results while standing because you will likely always have laxity when sitting. But if you have folds or fullness when standing then this can likely be revised to tighten or remove additional fat with liposuction. Good Luck!

Jennifer Geoghegan, MD

Room for improvement after mommy makeover

Hello scurves35,

Thank you for your questions and for sharing your photos.  From the views you have shown and from your concerns it would appear that you could have an improved contour of your abdomen with a liposuction and additional excess skin removal.  Excess lateral skin sometimes requires a circumferential removal of tissue that a tummy tuck alone cannot remove completely.  However, this is something very difficult to determine without an examination.  I would recommend talking with your plastic surgeon about your concerns and seeing how he/she feels these can best be addressed. If you do not feel comfortable doing that I would suggest seeking another opinion.

Best of Luck!

Dr. Rednam

Mommy Makeover

Not sure if the pictures posted are standing or sitting.
good evaluation in person, measure the breast dimensions, the nipple position, the lateral chest fat needs evaluation. Will need liposuction and removal excess skin, better contouring of the waist.
 Discuss your desired final look.
Start with your surgeon, and seek further opinions.

Still have excess skin after a Tummy Tuck?

Yes, I believe your results can be improved upon with additional skin removal and liposuction.   It appears as though your skin was tightened, but due to remaining excess fat, the amount of tightening may have been limited.   That is why in almost all of my tummy tuck patients I perform liposuction at the same time.   Also, from the appearance of the excess skin of your lateral waistline, you may have been better off with a circumferential tummytuck where the scar goes all the way around the waistline.  That is the only way to get rid of the excess skin of the waist and back areas.  
this can be redone if necessary.
Good luck